Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,079 times

Advertisements

Before I wrote the title I was sitting here with my hands on either side of my head biting my lip. The boys once again were arguing over something that didn't even make sense!!

Did we not go camping for 2 weeks? Didn't we go to the wave pool a million times? Didn't I just buy them full new wardrobes with school supplies???

...........still, they are not happy!

Yay for school! Yay for football starting up!

I love my kids but summer is looooonnngggg!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,404,425 times
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES, oh, and YES!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 PM

113 posts, read 770,511 times
As a grad student/mother, I am glad that school is starting. It marks so many new beginnings, changes in seasons, and overall growing up of the children. My son is starting at a new high school (we moved from NY to NJ), my daughter is starting pre-K (her first time in a class setting), and I am off to my final year in grad school. It's an exciting time, indeed, and who doesn't love shopping for school supplies?

Old 08-10-2007, 10:50 PM

48 posts, read 404,958 times
My last ounce of sanity depends on the kids starting school! I can't take it anymore! .. How much whining & arguing can one person listen to? How many dishes, loads of laundry, and trips to the park, while they continue to complain, can one person take?

Why don't we have year round school in this country???

Old 08-11-2007, 01:26 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,748 times
lol, i guess im a lone whiner on this thread!!! Im dreading my kids going back! I have to get up early again, drag their butts out of bed for school, all the school supplies I cant quite afford, not to mention all the MUST HAVE school clothes. sigh, and to make it worse, one going into Jr High (YIPES!!! new scary territory!) and my baby is going into Kindergarten! (poor middle child, its not so bad, that ones just 3rd grade. nothing too tramatic for ole mom here lol) Im too used to having my kids around......Im gonna miss em. heck, i missed them when they went to camp, or to grandparents, or to drama day, wee one 4hr day camp, vacation bible school, etc. Must....let....go.......of.....children........lol
Tiffany

Old 08-11-2007, 09:25 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,370,155 times
I'm having mixed feelings. We recently moved and are starting a new school this year which is scary. I do think the kids are READY to go back for some social interaction and to make some new friends in our area. I think a lot of the households in my new neighborhood have both parents working because we'll go to the park/ride bikes and there aren't a lot of kids around during the day. Therefore we have not met a lot of kids yet.
I'm dreading that morning craziness like someone else said. Dragging them out of bed and trying to get out the door on time. My kids (like me) are not morning people!!!!
The back to school supplies and clothes are exciting. Is anyone else having an issue with the styles for girls (8-14y.o)? My sweet cute little girls who used to love purple and pink with puppies and flowers on them now want all BLACK with skulls on them!!! What is happening to our girls? What is so wrong with being "girlie" now days? I've even seen girls going to school in old nasty sweats and tee shirts and it's cool? To look dumpy? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather the sweats than the tiny short skirts and boobs hanging out. What's wrong with looking cute, though?

Old 08-11-2007, 05:09 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,788 times
Yes!!! My daughter is complaining that she's bored at home, and then too busy at her child care activities. Her younger brother is pestering her to no end and she wakes up whining every morning. My wife and I are at our wits end. I know it's a tough schedule but boy I can't wait for summer to be OVER and school to start...back in the good ol' routine! Hallelujah!

Old 08-11-2007, 05:14 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,292 times
NO, NO, NO!!!! and I'm a college teacher!

Old 08-11-2007, 05:36 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,079 times
Well it's nice to hear I am not the only one! I find summer gets into a stay up very late routine that is hard to stop! I told myself that this summer I will stick to a reasonable bedtime during the week. Do you think that worked? NOT!!

The bickering is driving me crazy but the constant questions are even worse! The last question I was asked (a second ago) was "Mom, is Boo aloud to put the toilet on the babies head???" This is a doll that I bought for me and my boys yesterday....all I have to say is "WHO CARES?!?".

Sigh.

How many hours left??

Old 08-11-2007, 06:05 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Sigh.

How many hours left??
We have 24 days and counting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting