Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 09:04 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I have not seen Fair Game, I'm assuming it's the Valeria Plame debacle? Tragic disregard for life.
Yes. Very much worth renting.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:19 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
This afternoon we had Burlesque (Cher and Christina Agulara). It was okay. Not really my cup of tea. Not sure why we had put it in the Netflix queue.
I saw that about a month ago. I agree, it wasn't very good.

But I appreciate Agulara much more now. She sure has a voice. (She grew up near here.) And it's good that Cher is able to earn a living.

Those were the only points about the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I have not seen Fair Game, I'm assuming it's the Valeria Plame debacle? Tragic disregard for life.
Yes. It's totally worth it.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:22 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
just added fair game to my netflix list.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 PM

This is what I don't get. Let's put worth of life aside. Just pretend that individual people's lives don't matter for the greater good.

Gettings those scientists to the United States would have been for the greater good because I'm sure some of them escaped to places like Iran.

But the reality is that it wasn't ever about the greater good of mankind. It was about protecting the administration.

They wanted the scientists to die to silence that there weren't WMDs

Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Is your computer still under warrantee? Do you have a Mac? If you have had it for less than a year their will give you a new cord. If you have Apple care you can also get a new cord. If you live in New York you can come to the Apple store at 3 am for a new cord like I did.
Dell.
It'll be three years old this december.
Its warranty expired 5 months ago.

And the ONLY place that stays open that late is walmart and you have to order specialty items like laptop chargers.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:43 AM

The Tourist is up next in our queue. Feed back anyone? Any good?

Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
It's absolutely terrible. Don't bother, especially if you like Depp. He takes a backseat to Angelina in this movie.

It's more of Jolie eye candy movie than anything else. She's walking around in some great couture. Deep looks frumpy the entire time.

There is zero chemistry between them. The storyline is stupid. It's just weird action fluff.

I like Depp and Jolie, that's why I watched it, but putting them together in a movie was a huge casting mistake.

Someone like Depp shouldn't be a put lower than Jolie. They should have starred equally in a movie together.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:52 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
This is what I don't get. Let's put worth of life aside. Just pretend that individual people's lives don't matter for the greater good.

Gettings those scientists to the United States would have been for the greater good because I'm sure some of them escaped to places like Iran.

But the reality is that it wasn't ever about the greater good of mankind. It was about protecting the administration.

They wanted the scientists to die to silence that there weren't WMDs
Politics has become a very dirty business. I'm not sure if it's always been that way, I suspect so. It's very hard to make informed decisions anymore as politicians seem to be playing some sort of game, and their goals bear little resemblance to what I am voting for them to do.

Quote:
I have heard it's a total lemon, but I haven't seen it.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:55 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Haven't seen it but haven't heard good things.

Pretty weather here so far this morning.

Hope everyone in the path of the storms yesterday/last night is OK. Some nasty nasty stuff.

DS went to the ball game last night, came home, took a nap then went to afterprom then crashed at a friend's house. Don't expect to see him until this afternoon. Hope he had a good time. He was in a good mood when he came home because his team won and he was able to pick up a couple autographs at batting practice before the game.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:55 AM

I think I'll check in here from now on when reordering the movies in the queue! Religulous is now back on the top, which a very good friend of mine has been telling us to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting