Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 10:31 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

Gorgeous day here.. probably get some yardwork done. I uncovered the patio furniture for the first time this year and finished a book while having coffee on the deck. DD is driving down tis afternoon so we'll do something as a family tonight and or tomorrow. Have a nice day everyone!

Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
MM is your daughter at CSU?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:06 PM

I DM'd you rkb....

Taking a break - got my kitchen cleaned and my sun tea brewing.

I though that DS was sleeping awfully late this morning...which is kind of unusual. Turns out he is already out and working. Not sure when he'll be home. I woke up at 4:30 this morning then couldn't get back to sleep. The birds were really carrying on in the backyard. I read for a few hours then fell back asleep for a bit around 9. I only slept for a half hour or so but he must have left during that time. DH is cleaning the grill. Blech. Nasty job. I think some of the innards need to be replaced also. Then it's on to the pond. Hope to get that up and running this weekend also. May need a new pump so I guess we'll wait and see about that.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:37 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Hey everyone! Just back from Sam's...yikes!

DS is taking the SAT this morning. And we are about to do yardwork - mm, my pots have a lot of what you mentioned, then some unusual stuff from the greenhouse. A big mixture.

DS sort of spilled the beans about Mother's Day. I knew we were going to brunch, just didn't know where. I told him I knew it was one of four places. He said, "really? Name them, I just want to know if you have it". Well, I KNEW it was a shoe in - there would be no freakin' way he'd be able to keep a straight face when I guessed the right place. I was right. The look on his face when he realized he blew it was hilarious!

So they are taking me to the Stanley in Estes. We did it years ago and it is a wonderful, wonderful place for brunch.

Have a good day everyone!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:40 PM

We went there years and years ago jk...I think in October....so pretty. We stayed there overnight. Never got any weird vibes or anything though....I'll have to make a note that they have brunch. We love brunch out.....

For non-Coloradans, the Stanley is the hotel that inspired The Shining....and it is said to be haunted....

Old 05-07-2011, 01:15 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
It must be a beautiful day across the country! It's gorgeous today!

Just got back from taking a day trip to West Virginia. Such a pretty state!

Couldn't have asked for better weather for a road trip.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Don't know about Mother's Day yet. We have a tradition of keeping Mother's and Father's day plans a secret until that morning.
Cute! My husband is teasing that he doesn't know what to do about Mother's Day.

When the kids were younger, I would send them away to our camp so I could have the weekend to myself.

For me, the best mother's day gift was a day off from being a mother.

Sounds terrible, huh? It wasn't. They had no clue. They loved going away to our camp.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:33 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,681,822 times
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

We are doing two days of Mothers Day lol. Dinner out tonight for 96 year old Grandma and tomorrow will be spent at the beach. Gotta love living in Florida. Homemade Cuban food on the beach! What more could one ask for?

Old 05-07-2011, 01:51 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
Ok, I know I haven't been around much but I need mommy advice. I just saw what I think is the apartment of my dreams. But there is one catch...no dishwasher. Everything else is perfect. Would you take the apartment?

Old 05-07-2011, 02:36 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Today I am unpacking the rest of the boxes in my room (full of clothes) and putting them in my closet, washing clothes that will be going in my suitcase and then sticking them in my suitcase (which I may or may not do until tomorrow) but will at least have them all folded and put NEAR my suitcase, I have no clue what I might want to wear tomorrow, most likely im going to just chill in t-shirts and soccer shorts for the next two days (I don't want to rewash anything.) Then im going to detail my car in the garage either today or tomorrow so its all nice and sparkly to see my grandmother, most likely tomorrow because I want to go out to the 3rd bridge tonight (HAUNTED).

Then tomorrow, finish everything up and then leave out Monday after rush hour, hopefully like 10am.

My grandmother called me the other day and was telling me my mom was telling her she was looking up flights for me instead because she doesn't want me to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Ok, I know I haven't been around much but I need mommy advice. I just saw what I think is the apartment of my dreams. But there is one catch...no dishwasher. Everything else is perfect. Would you take the apartment?
Well if it just you living there, not like that many dishes would need to be done that much. Just quickly wash them off after using them and its done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting