Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 04:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Eh....it could still be all true but there was just enough in her other posts that made me go ....
Sometimes I go too. I think we all change a few "facts" here and there to keep our privacy and for safety's sake but....

Old 05-17-2011, 04:51 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Hey guys.....so I was watching the Today show this morning and saw a segment about college kids abusing Adderol....anyone see that? Anyone else have flashbacks to Tiger Mothers?

College students get hooked on

This was the quote that was the worst IMO:

Robach wondered how his parents felt about his getting a prescription to boost his grades.
“It’s like a ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ kind of thing,” he said. “They don’t wanna know. They’re paying for that report card.”
They're buying the medication on the black market too. My children know some friends in college who are doing it. Their parents aren't Tiger Mothers either. They are just idiot young adults who are into the latest college trend.

Quote:
Starting to think the OP of the "my good kid went to a party and wrecked our car" thread might either belong under a bridge or is tossing out scenarios for a book.....In various threads she claims to either have 3 teens or 5 young kids as well as a few other inconsistencies....
My goodness! How do you remember these people? For all I knew, this was her first thread in the parenting forum. Well, at least she brought forth an interesting discussion. The parenting forum has been dead for a while.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Quote:
Starting to think the OP of the "my good kid went to a party and wrecked our car" thread might either belong under a bridge or is tossing out scenarios for a book.....In various threads she claims to either have 3 teens or 5 young kids as well as a few other inconsistencies....
Huh. Interesting.

Not taking away a vehicle because of the inconvenience to self is mind boggling to me. I'm not sure a "good kid" would think to steal his parents car. You were spot on regarding character, etc. I realize good kids can do stupid things, but geez, that whole scenario is really bone headed.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:54 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sometimes I go too. I think we all change a few "facts" here and there to keep our privacy and for safety's sake but....
of course we do....but changing the number of kids one has? Of what benefit is that? That, plus the fact that one of her posts indicates she's a writer....

Old 05-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I definitely tweek a few details. That's why I really don't care if people's "stories" don't add up.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

My goodness! How do you remember these people? For all I knew, this was her first thread in the parenting forum. Well, at least she brought forth an interesting discussion. The parenting forum has been dead for a while.
The search function is a wonderful thing...

I do agree it's an interesting discussion though!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
of course we do....but changing the number of kids one has? Of what benefit is that? That, plus the fact that one of her posts indicates she's a writer....
I think changing the number, gender, and age of children and other family members is the best way to protect identity. It will be difficult for someone in the same school district to identify someone sharing a problem or story that is rather unique if the age, gender or number of siblings is changed. I think a lot of people do this. The problem is that they should pick one "family identity" and stick with it. Changing ages from one thread to another is just downright stupid. But it's not really worthy of someone being a troll. They could just be very bad at living a "cover story" on the internet. LOL

Old 05-17-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I definitely tweek a few details. That's why I really don't care if people's "stories" don't add up.
I don't really "care" - which is why I brought it up here instead of posting it there....I just thought it was interesting....

Old 05-17-2011, 05:03 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
You guys must have a better memory than me. If I changed things up, I'd never remember my story. Only one person knows what school my kids go to (of course she's the nuttiest of the nuts as fate would have it! ).

Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
The search function is a wonderful thing...
Yeah, it is, isn't it? I only use it when I remember someone said X in the past.

Most times I can't remember anyone. It's amazing I remember all of you here and how to find the thread!

Quote:
I do agree it's an interesting discussion though!
Yep. It's a much better parenting discussion than the fake abuse threads we get sometimes.

Remember the girl who went to a Catholic school in Texas? I can't believe I fell for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting