Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 07:43 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't worry about it. People are more apt to post bad reviews, so the fact that it only has one is very telling.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,487,397 times
Hi Calgirl

I agree with the others - don't stress it! That one bad review could have been written by someone with a real grudge against the school and/or could be a complete fruitloop!

The most important thing, I think, is not to let your kids have any clue that you are concerned about your decision. If they think you're worried, they'll worry too and it might affect their view of the school and their experiences there. So be positive about the new school and chances are the kids will be positive about it too, and all will be well.

I've got wine here. Pity you're so far away!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Hey Calgirl, welcome.

I say have at the Miller High Life, after all, it is the Champagne of Beers.

I mucho sympathize with you regarding the school issue. It's really really difficult.

As for the identity thing y'all been chatting about - I'm probably pretty easy to identify but I'm not sure why anybody would want too (I guess you never know, though right?). However, if anybody can hack IP addresses then we're all toast. But I've made some friends here that I would tell in a heartbeat. I think you have to trust your instincts, and not be too too cautious about everything.

I think it's hard to have genuine relationships, even online, without revealing something about yourself. This would all be a very empty exercise otherwise.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
The most important thing, I think, is not to let your kids have any clue that you are concerned about your decision. If they think you're worried, they'll worry too and it might affect their view of the school and their experiences there. So be positive about the new school and chances are the kids will be positive about it too, and all will be well.
I am trying REALLY hard to do this!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
As for the identity thing y'all been chatting about - I'm probably pretty easy to identify but I'm not sure why anybody would want too (I guess you never know, though right?). However, if anybody can hack IP addresses then we're all toast. But I've made some friends here that I would tell in a heartbeat. I think you have to trust your instincts, and not be too too cautious about everything.

I think it's hard to have genuine relationships, even online, without revealing something about yourself. This would all be a very empty exercise otherwise.
Yeah, I absolutely agree with this. Trusting instincts is key.

The only people I have ever heard of who have run into trouble on the internet are those that are particularly rude and obnoxious, and of course that is none of us!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:30 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
calgirl- I try to take reviews and opinions with a grain of salt. Just last weekend someone told me she wouldn't send her kids to school x because she knew multiple kids who'd dropped out. At first I panicked, but then I calmed down and figured there are stories like that for all schools. If there were multiple bad reviews, you might be concerned. Since there is only 1, I wouldn't worry.

cheating = bobbit worthy! I also say end it or try to fix it before you find someone else. I can't believe it was kept quiet for so long. Arnold has a unique look. I wonder if the kid looks like him.

what else did I miss... oh ya... I don't normally remember details of a specific poster. I've never met anyone on here in person. A while back there was talk of meeting up in the Denver forum. not sure if it actually happened.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,915,563 times
There was a discussion about meeting up in real life (at a state park or somewhere) in the Wisconsin forum as well- not sure how well that'd work out???

Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times
Good Morning All!

Hope you all have a wonderful stress free day!

Calgirl---one bad review is nothing. If it was 20 then I would worry. I hope your move is successful and stress free! Good luck!

Quote:
cheating = bobbit worthy! I also say end it or try to fix it before you find someone else. I can't believe it was kept quiet for so long. Arnold has a unique look. I wonder if the kid looks like him.
RK--I was wondering how he kept it a secret for so long because his daughter with Maria looks alot like him. I would assume his genes are strong and one would say "Hey your baby looks alot like the Terminator..." :P

Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Morning X!

I saw on the news this morning that the kid does indeed look like Arnold. They've identified the mistress, so everybody is going to know who the poor kid is.

WTF were they thinking, they have set this kid up for a HORRIBLE life in the tabloid press - Arnold and the mother are reprehensible in their actions toward this poor child, who didn't ask for any of this.

Boy am I PO'd at them. Talk about having no compunction when it comes to ruining an innocent child's life. I honestly think this should be a prosecutable offense.

Why on earth didn't Arnold put a sock on his schlong?? The magnitude of this transgression is horrifying. His poor kids, and Maria. Uggg the utter self centeredness and egoism of some people!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:02 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning X!

I saw on the news this morning that the kid does indeed look like Arnold. They've identified the mistress, so everybody is going to know who the poor kid is.

WTF were they thinking, they have set this kid up for a HORRIBLE life in the tabloid press - Arnold and the mother are reprehensible in their actions toward this poor child, who didn't ask for any of this.

Boy am I PO'd at them. Talk about having no compunction when it comes to ruining an innocent child's life. I honestly think this should be a prosecutable offense.

Why on earth didn't Arnold put a sock on his schlong?? The magnitude of this transgression is horrifying. His poor kids, and Maria. Uggg the utter self centeredness and egoism of some people!
AMEN! Preach it FR! I really feel sorry for Maria and his kids!

What amazes me is how the mistress kept it a secret for so long? I am surprise she didn't let the cat out of the bag to family or a friend about who her baby daddy is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting