Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 08:04 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times

Advertisements

The press is in feeding-frenzy mode at the moment releasing all the baby-mamma info, as well as the details of the alleged rape victim of Strauss-Kahn. That really makes my blood boil.

If the press are to believed, everyone in Schwarzenegger's world, with the exception of Maria, knew about the kid, but kept it under wraps due to his political aspirations. But there are all these other women now stepping forward too.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The press is in feeding-frenzy mode at the moment releasing all the baby-mamma info, as well as the details of the alleged rape victim of Strass-Kahn. That really makes my blood boil.

OOOO the rape victim of Strass Kahn! I absolutely feel sorry for her! It is awful what she is going through. I wish the media would leave her alone!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:18 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
There was a discussion about meeting up in real life (at a state park or somewhere) in the Wisconsin forum as well- not sure how well that'd work out???
I would never meet up with people from online at a state park. That's where serial killers always hide the bodies.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
I think it's hard to have genuine relationships, even online, without revealing something about yourself. This would all be a very empty exercise otherwise.
Interestingly enough, I tend to find it a little easier online sometimes. Simply because people (including me) don't tend to have preconceived ideas about the other person (based on things like appearances, where they live, what they drive etc etc etc) and your words are really the only thing people know about you. I find that a bit refreshing sometimes ...

Quote:
I would never meet up with people from online at a state park. That's where serial killers always hide the bodies.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:46 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
What amazes me is how the mistress kept it a secret for so long? I am surprise she didn't let the cat out of the bag to family or a friend about who her baby daddy is!
Me too - after keeping it quiet for so long, what was the purpose of now going public? Seems it would have been in everybody's interest to keep this amongst themselves.

And now they want to investigate him regarding funds that may have been paid to her. What a mess. What a complete jerk.

Oh - morning all!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Interestingly enough, I tend to find it a little easier online sometimes. Simply because people (including me) don't tend to have preconceived ideas about the other person (based on things like appearances, where they live, what they drive etc etc etc) and your words are really the only thing people know about you. I find that a bit refreshing sometimes ...
Oh I totally agree, mm. Plus I'm a bit shy (believe it or not) IRL.

Also I'm carp at a heated debate, because I get all wound up and adrenalized, and people think I'm mad when I'm actually just hyped up and passionate about something. So I don't make my point very well. I think the added breathing room to type on a forum helps me a lot.

Of course I never get overly wound up 'round here.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Me too - after keeping it quiet for so long, what was the purpose of now going public? Seems it would have been in everybody's interest to keep this amongst themselves.

And now they want to investigate him regarding funds that may have been paid to her. What a mess. What a complete jerk.

Oh - morning all!
Good morning JK! He is a complete jerk! Maybe thats why California is broke cause he was using state funds to keep her mouth shut on such a big secret!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:58 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Also I'm carp at a heated debate, because I get all wound up and adrenalized, and people think I'm mad when I'm actually just hyped up and passionate about something. So I don't make my point very well. I think the added breathing room to type on a forum helps me a lot.

LOL - people don't think I'm shy because I am social (kind of) but...I really am very guarded when it comes to getting know people on more than a superficial basis....and I think that's what I find easier here sometimes....

I can get into heated debates too FR - which is why I tend to stay away from that stuff (in certain forums) - especially here. I really don't want to be haunted forever by something I've typed and posted for all the world to see....only to think better of it later -either in opinion or in tone...

ETA - although, I certainly can get myself wound up in the non-political forums from time to time and regret either not leaving it be, taking the bait or whatever....

HS graduations in my district today....hoping the rain that is predicted holds off until they are done.....

Last edited by maciesmom; 05-18-2011 at 09:19 AM..

Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
HS graduations in my district today....hoping the rain that is predicted holds off until they are done.....
I think we're getting the same weather system, mm. It's only going to be in the 70's here today (unheard of for May) and it's overcast. Woke up with an allergy attack so I had to take a prednisone. Hate that. Makes me hyper.

The only group I'd meet up with that's on line are the Disney fanatics. There's a group that meets on Sundays at Disneyland. Fifty year olds wearing Tinkerbell t-shirts standing in line to get Snow White's autograph. You go into those meets knowing they're slightly touched.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:09 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Hehe! Funny enough I was painfully shy and self-conscious as a child. Now...not so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting