Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 02:23 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,970,417 times

Advertisements

Do you have a song you can't listen to without crying?

I'm really sad right now, another lonely day at work got me down and I just feel so alone and just wanna cry and listen to sad music.
I thought to myself what songs are good sad songs to listen to and "Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo came to mind and Graduation by Vitamin C. I had to redownload both but the graduation songs has too much of an upbeat beat.

So I am playing the somewhere over the rainbow song and honestly im bawling like a baby, even had a few involuntary lip quivers, I know this isn't helping at all but I should get it all out now.

But yeah I can't listen to this song with out crying, its almost instantaneous with the tears.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:15 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,687,950 times
I think One Hundred Years by Five For Fighting is sad.

I think the saddest song ever might be Gilbert O Sullivan's Alone Again, Naturally

In a little while from now,
If I'm not feeling any less sour
I promised myself to treat myself
And visit a nearby tower,
And climbing to the top,
Will throw myself off
In an effort to make it clear to who
Ever what it's like when your shattered
Left standing in the lurch, at a church
Where people 're saying,
"My God that's tough, she stood him up!
No point in us remaining.
May as well go home."
As I did on my own,
Alone again, naturally

To think that only yesterday,
I was cheerful, bright and gay,
Looking forward to, but who wouldn't do,
The role I was about to play
But as if to knock me down,
Reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch,
Cut me into little pieces
Leaving me to doubt,
All about God and His mercy
For if He really does exist
Why did He desert me
In my hour of need?
I truly am indeed,
Alone again, naturally

It seems to me that
There are more hearts
Broken in the world
That can't be mended
Left unattended
What do we do? What do we do?

(instrumental break)

Now looking back over the years,
And what ever else that appears
I remember I cried when my father died
Never wishing to have cried the tears
And at sixty-five years old,
My mother, God rest her soul,
Couldn't understand, why the only man
She had ever loved had been taken
Leaving her to start with a heart
So badly broken
Despite encouragement from me
No words were ever spoken
And when she passed away
I cried and cried all day
Alone again, naturally
Alone again, naturally

I can't even read the lyrics to this song without tearing up

Old 03-26-2011, 07:16 AM

13,413 posts, read 9,945,815 times
On a lighter note, last night MrFR and I were playing jump rope with DD (nearly four) and she was singing a jump rope song which had "when I grow up" in the last line. So I asked her "DD, what do you want to be when you grow up?" and she thought for a second and looked at us with a totally straight face and said "A woman!".

I thought I was going to pee myself. Then I asked her when she is a woman what did she want to be then, and she said "A polar bear Astronaut" which is more along the lines of what I thought she was going to say the first time.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
Cute FR! I miss those days of cute sayings and answers. DD was a total card (usually not intentionally) and her interpretation of things always had us rolling in the aisles - through high school. She has a great sense of humor to this day and will bring home stories from college and her job that are pretty funny.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:26 AM

13,413 posts, read 9,945,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Cute FR! I miss those days of cute sayings and answers. DD was a total card (usually not intentionally) and her interpretation of things always had us rolling in the aisles - through high school. She has a great sense of humor to this day and will bring home stories from college and her job that are pretty funny.
mm, your daughter sounds wonderful. Good for you. It's very refreshing to hear after some of the total carp people post in this forum.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:27 AM

Yes....apparently ignorance is alive and well....

Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 AM

What is on everyone's agenda today?

I'm going to get moving here shortly....finish my coffee then get to cleaning. House is a pit. I'm not good at cleaning after work. If I start in the morning though, I can go all day.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,687,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
What is on everyone's agenda today?

I'm going to get moving here shortly....finish my coffee then get to cleaning. House is a pit. I'm not good at cleaning after work. If I start in the morning though, I can go all day.
A quiet day. I love genealogy and I'm working on trees for 2 friends. One of them is black and it's pretty sad and frustrating trying to do research on her. I'm going to work on these trees today.
We are also going to sign the P&S agreement on the big Victorian house we are trying to buy

Old 03-26-2011, 08:33 AM

Cool. Sounds better than cleaning bathrooms that's for sure!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:41 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
My parents left last night. We had a good week. Today I take DS7 to OT then get my brows waxed. I'm sure I'll do some laundry in there too.

txt, are you taking your antidepressant regularly. If you still feel like that, it's not working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting