Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 08:50 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times

Advertisements

You know if you're taking antidepressants, you can't drink alcohol. Not merely that day, but not at all. The two don't mix. You can either be a drinker of alcoholic substances, OR you can be someone who takes antidepressants.

Hopes and Jenny - my heart goes out to you both! I've dealt with the heartache of HIV and AIDS with friends when I lived in Boston during the 1980's, and the terror of worrying that I might have contracted it (thankfully - I didn't). Both your experiences need to be heard, so thank you both!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:52 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You know if you're taking antidepressants, you can't drink alcohol. Not merely that day, but not at all. The two don't mix. You can either be a drinker of alcoholic substances, OR you can be someone who takes antidepressants.

Hopes and Jenny - my heart goes out to you both! I've dealt with the heartache of HIV and AIDS with friends when I lived in Boston during the 1980's, and the terror of worrying that I might have contracted it (thankfully - I didn't). Both your experiences need to be heard, so thank you both!
I do both, but I never have more than 1 or 2 drinks, and only about 1/week. I'm sure there are other people and other meds that it doesn't work for.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
On a lighter note, last night MrFR and I were playing jump rope with DD (nearly four) and she was singing a jump rope song which had "when I grow up" in the last line. So I asked her "DD, what do you want to be when you grow up?" and she thought for a second and looked at us with a totally straight face and said "A woman!".

I thought I was going to pee myself. Then I asked her when she is a woman what did she want to be then, and she said "A polar bear Astronaut" which is more along the lines of what I thought she was going to say the first time.
That's so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
What is on everyone's agenda today?

I'm going to get moving here shortly....finish my coffee then get to cleaning. House is a pit. I'm not good at cleaning after work. If I start in the morning though, I can go all day.
I just woke up. It's the first time I slept in for a while. Like you, I need to clean this house in a big way. Lots of laundry to do too. I need to clear out a dresser and such to make room for that teen. He's moving in at the beginning of the week. He accepted all of our terms, which were rather strict.

And I need to do all that while I scan/read three books for a research paper that's due on Wednesday. It's a paper I can't BS my way through. The instructor assigned topics and there's no wiggle room. It's a interesting subject. I'm learning a thing or two----which is rare in most of these classes I've taken recently. I'm supposed to learn something in college, right? LOL That's a good thing.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Morning everyone! Going to the Phoenix Art Museum Today. They have a special display of Ann Taylor coture. Plus the museum is near a good Mexican restaurant. Obama and family ate there last year. If it's good enough for the President of the United States....

Old 03-26-2011, 10:19 AM

whoever rep'ed me and said my status is blank - weird. I can see it every time I post. Can the rest of you?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:22 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Morning everyone! Going to the Phoenix Art Museum Today. They have a special display of Ann Taylor coture. Plus the museum is near a good Mexican restaurant. Obama and family ate there last year. If it's good enough for the President of the United States....
That sounds fun! Wish we could trade plans for today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
whoever rep'ed me and said my status is blank - weird. I can see it every time I post. Can the rest of you?
It says "senior member."

edited to add:

There is no status. I thought the member area was where status is located because some people change that title. Maciesmom's post helped me realize status is in another area.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:25 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Nope....no status visible to me....

Old 03-26-2011, 10:43 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times
Is it always the case that you don't see who rep'ed you? I see a bunch on mine, but most have no names. How do I let someone know if I've rep'ed them?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
Is it always the case that you don't see who rep'ed you? I see a bunch on mine, but most have no names. How do I let someone know if I've rep'ed them?
click on the scale in the upper right of the post and add your screen name.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:53 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
I can see you now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting