Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
OMG. Is it true? Is Palin really running?
oh this will be fun to watch!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
It rubs me the wrong way when someone moves to a state just so they can run for something. As a local - I wouldn't want someone representing me that's only lived there for a short time! Plus, didn't she say certain things regarding the shooting? Why she would be welcomed there is beyond me.

Anywho - my condolences Dew. And maybe I was seeing things but I thought for sure I saw her in the audience on last night's Dancing with the Stars. I watched the whole darn season and fell asleep the last 5 minutes. How dumb is that? I had to look online this morning to see who won.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
I hate Palin as well.
This makes me rethink wanting moving to Arizona.
I know its a conservative state anyways but I wish she would just stay in Alaska.

I am headed back home on Friday.
My nose is healing quite well, I slept the whole night with no issues.
And we have been dodging the weather quite well, although my drive back home should be a challenge. I HAVE to get back home, there is no other option than to drive through it.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I am so dense. I actually went to the Baltimore FORUM looking for some topic I could relate to. a little embarrassed.
I thought the same thing too! Don't feel bad!

Now I'm off to get caught up on that thread.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
So txt, you're not going to stay and help your grandmother with her surgery?

Did she help you with YOUR procedure? I'm thinking she probably helped you in more ways than one if you get my drift.

And, yes. Palin was in the audience of DWTS last night.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:32 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So txt, you're not going to stay and help your grandmother with her surgery?

Did she help you with YOUR procedure? I'm thinking she probably helped you in more ways than one if you get my drift.

And, yes. Palin was in the audience of DWTS last night.
She hasn't even decided if she is going to get it.
I have to go back home and take my books back to the college and see if I can get any money for them.
I have to return some things and try to get my verizon blackberry back from my friend so I can sell the phone.

I have bills to pay and I need to come up with money for them and I have to be back in colorado to do so.

If she chooses to do her surgery I will come back but for now I am going home and while I am grateful for her paying for everything, a simple procedure that took 20 minutes vs a major knee replacement happen to be two very different things. I walked out with a bandaid and 3 or 4 stitches. I will have to cook, clean, drive, everything if she were to get her knee surgery done.

But if she wants to get it done I will come back. I will call the guy about the job and set everything up and I will get into police academy here or back home, however long it takes her to recover.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I will have to cook, clean, drive, everything if she were to get her knee surgery done.
And that's EXACTLY what you do for the people you love. That, txt, is what life is about.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I have to go back home and take my books back to the college and see if I can get any money for them.
Can you get more money for them if you sell them on craigslist or ebay? Someone (mm might know) with a child in college might be able to tell you. But I would think taking them back to the college will get you the least amount.

Glad you are willing to go back to help her when she does the surgery. She's been very, very supportive of you, so returning that support would be nice and I'm sure very appreciated on her part.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:41 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
I am so dense. I actually went to the Baltimore FORUM looking for some topic I could relate to. a little embarrassed. i hope she doesn't let guilt mess her up. ( poster known as Baltimore Suburbs)
That was my fault for being lazy and not bothering to go back to see the thread title. My laziness is why I called it Baltimore Suburbs' thread.

Quote:
I've been to Arizona and it was beautiful but we live in N.C. with lots of trees and lots of horrible deer to eat my garden. I think I would feel so - I don't know what - without all the green I am used to.
I lived in Lexington when I was a child.

Quote:
My grandparents were from Oklahoma. When they visited us in N.C. my grandfather actually got sick with claustrophobia and had to be medicated. He felt so closed in by the trees. A big difference from what he was used to.
People from the midwest have that same problem when they come to Pittsburgh. It's not just the lush geenery from the trees, but the steep hills. They dont' like that you can't see the sky for miles and miles. Claustrophobic is the exact word they use to describe how they feel here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
oh this will be fun to watch!
It will be entertaining. For that reason alone, I hope she runs.

But what if she won?! Not likely. I can't see her getting past the primary. But WHAT IF?!?!?!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:44 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Waterfight over, soaked to the bone. I definitely had as much fun, if not more, than the kids. Summer begins, schools out! I'm channelling Alice Cooper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.