Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 10:57 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
click on the scale in the upper right of the post and add your screen name.
Got, it. Thanks

Old 03-26-2011, 11:06 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
Is it always the case that you don't see who rep'ed you? I see a bunch on mine, but most have no names. How do I let someone know if I've rep'ed them?
I often sign my username, but sometimes I forget. And sometimes I don't want them to know it's me.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:07 AM

I can see you now too, rkb!

Old 03-26-2011, 11:52 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
If you want someone to know you repped them, you'd need to rep them by using the icon at the -top right- of their post. It looks like the "scales of justice." When you click on that, it opens a little window in which you can type a comment. That's where you would put your user name, or real name, or whatever comment you want to provide.

If all you want to do is give a quick-rep, you'd use the -lower left- thing that reads,
Quote:
[+] Rate this post positively
That gives a quick-rep, and you can't provide a comment in it.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:07 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
If you want someone to know you repped them, you'd need to rep them by using the icon at the -top right- of their post. It looks like the "scales of justice." When you click on that, it opens a little window in which you can type a comment. That's where you would put your user name, or real name, or whatever comment you want to provide.

If all you want to do is give a quick-rep, you'd use the -lower left- thing that reads,

That gives a quick-rep, and you can't provide a comment in it.
Gotcha. It was you that I quick rep'ed on the My Son is Gay thread and realized it didn't show my name.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
My parents left last night. We had a good week. Today I take DS7 to OT then get my brows waxed. I'm sure I'll do some laundry in there too.

txt, are you taking your antidepressant regularly. If you still feel like that, it's not working.
No I took what my mom gave me for like 4 days and stopped.
It was a two month trial of Lexapro, which I have been on before and I hated it then and I hated it now and I don't like how it makes me feel UNLESS I am THAT upset that the whole "numb" feeling is just what I need.

That guy called me last night, wanting me to come over and he and I were talking on the phone and I had been crying and didn't want to stay on the phone too long cause I felt like I was going to start crying again and he realised something was wrong and I went over and we had a long talk about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You know if you're taking antidepressants, you can't drink alcohol. Not merely that day, but not at all. The two don't mix. You can either be a drinker of alcoholic substances, OR you can be someone who takes antidepressants.

Hopes and Jenny - my heart goes out to you both! I've dealt with the heartache of HIV and AIDS with friends when I lived in Boston during the 1980's, and the terror of worrying that I might have contracted it (thankfully - I didn't). Both your experiences need to be heard, so thank you both!
Well the alcohol is cheaper, doesn't require a prescription and doesn't make me feel weird.

Quote:
I do both, but I never have more than 1 or 2 drinks, and only about 1/week. I'm sure there are other people and other meds that it doesn't work for.
My drinking patterns are weird.
Sometimes i'll drink every night, not too much maybe one drink or two shots for two weeks straight and then not at all for a week. It just varies on who I am with and where we are.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Good afternoon all....really pretty day here....warming up, not windy and nice and clear. Got my windows open getting all the stuffy air out.

Doing laundry, went to Costco.....and now I'm eating lunch and taking a break from looking at my unmade bed and wishing someone would put the clean sheets on for me. Next I will stare at my bathroom wishing someone would wash the floors. Eventually I'll get past that and just do it myself. Where's the good fairy when you really need her anyway?

Old 03-26-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Good afternoon all....really pretty day here....warming up, not windy and nice and clear. Got my windows open getting all the stuffy air out.
I'm jealous. I can't open the windows here. We're back to having cold weather.

Quote:
Doing laundry, went to Costco.....and now I'm eating lunch and taking a break from looking at my unmade bed and wishing someone would put the clean sheets on for me. Next I will stare at my bathroom wishing someone would wash the floors. Eventually I'll get past that and just do it myself. Where's the good fairy when you really need her anyway?
We're living the same life today. I've washed 5 loads of laundry. My sheets are in the washer right now. The bathroom isn't on my radar today though. I've got too many other things on my plate for now. I'm taking a break from cleaning and laundry via researching on the internet for my paper. I ended up here because that was boring me. When you find that good fairy, please send her to my house when you're done with her!

Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Hopes, if I find that good fairy, she's not leaving anytime soon.

Just remembered I need vacuum cleaner belts. We seem to go through those a lot. I hate getting in the car to do that when I've already run errands this morning - but I really really need to vacuum. Macie is shedding something awful. I guess it's off to the vacuum cleaner store...sigh.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Just remembered I need vacuum cleaner belts. We seem to go through those a lot. I hate getting in the car to do that when I've already run errands this morning - but I really really need to vacuum. Macie is shedding something awful. I guess it's off to the vacuum cleaner store...sigh.
I do that all the time. I go to the store for one thing and I come home with everything but what I went to the store to buy.

Take macie into the yard and give her a good brushing outside. When I take my labrador outside, the hair just starts flying off.

A good shed comb and some wind does wonders!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting