Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If everyone wants to get REALLY depressed about our lack of fabulous vacations....

My niece is in Italy for the summer. Studying business. I got a long email describing her apartment in Rome with the balcony and sitting on the Spanish Steps in the evening. Heavy sigh. Oh to be 19 with indulgent parents.
Who are these parents and are they open to adopting a thirty something daughter?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
How cool for your niece! Is she from South Africa?
She's Canadian, but has travelled there before.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Who are these parents and are they open to adopting a thirty something daughter?
I offered my services as a chaperone. Shot down!

My niece is drop-dead gorgeous. I'm waiting to hear she's found some hot god Italiano to bring home. (She's also drop-dead nice I'm happy to report.)

Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
My wedding was an outdoor garden wedding, at a working farm that doubled as an outing club (clam bakes, hay rides, weddings, company picnics, etc). I picked out a pattern and general dress style: a floral print tea-length dress, with some manner of sleeves - cap, short, straps, as long as the girls looked good and were comfortable, they were welcome to either buy them or rent them, and the junior bridesmaid's mother made hers.

I told my mom I'd picked the floral - the colors were greens and mauves on an ivory background. She wore a mauve gown that she picked, and looked stunning. I never asked her to wear anything in particular; she has great taste in clothing and I knew she'd look just fine no matter what she picked.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:35 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
The last wedding I went to, the MOB and MOG wore the same dress. Not on purpose. It was awful. The MOG was really embarrassed.

So whatever happens, at least it won't be that.

Hey X, nice to see you! I want to talk to you about the teeth thing, but I'm not quite up to it tonight. I hope you'll visit us more often.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The last wedding I went to, the MOB and MOG wore the same dress. Not on purpose. It was awful. The MOG was really embarrassed.

Hey X, nice to see you! I want to talk to you about the teeth thing, but I'm not quite up to it tonight. I hope you'll visit us more often.

Thank you Finster for the lovely greeting! I would visit more but between Toddler X, writing and other duties sometimes it is near impossible. Please feel free to dm me about the teeth thing when you are up to it.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I offered my services as a chaperone. Shot down!

My niece is drop-dead gorgeous. I'm waiting to hear she's found some hot god Italiano to bring home. (She's also drop-dead nice I'm happy to report.)
OOOOOOOOOO yesssssss...this is why they should have taken you up on your offer of chaperoning!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Yikes. I would feel bad about that.....

Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Speaking of traveling I will be driving back tomorrow.
I leave about 11 or 12 and should be getting into my hotel somewhere around 9 or 10pm.
And then leaving out the next day same time and should get in around 8pm or so.

I went to a t-mobile the other day to get a replacement phone. This one is acting up and the track pad is sticking. DON'T WORRY IT WAS FREE. So it's waiting for me at my house in CO.
And XXXXXX Day's is this weekend. HUGE festival, 3 days, bands, carnival, etc etc. SUPER STOKED. 5th year going, first year being 21 for it *evil grin*.

My friends birthday is the 15th this month. She'll be 21. *More evil grins*

I can't but help smile thinking about it.

OH and my friend works for DCSO, got his job about a month ago. He just asked me to email him my resume, he's going to take it in tomorrow and see if he can get me an in for the testing they are doing Friday. So I will be doing the testing Friday, partying all weekend with my best friends and making the most out of my friend being 20 and her not able to drink and being the driver because come Wednesday those days are over and we'll have to find someone else.

I will be so happy to be back in the 3OH!3 and back to civilization.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,243 times
I drove past a 'Zims Realty' tonight and of course, I thought of zimbochick. Is that a sign I'm spending too much time on here? haha

Oh.. and we also stopped at McD's (yes, I know. I'm a terrible mother for allowing my children such awful food ) for an ice cream treat after DS's basketball games. I tried the new Strawberry Lemonade slush mixture. Ick! I don't recommend it- tasted like coffee and lemonade mixed together..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting