Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
MrsX! You sly fox, you! Congratulations.... details please.

(well not those details).
Thank you FR! I think it was all those dirty scenes I was writing that did me in with Mr. X.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ewag... you too? I missed that post, sorry. Yay you and MrEwag!
Aw, thanks! We'd been trying for awhile now that DS is almost 3 and despite a bunch of complications this time around (little girl Ewag is my heart-attack pregnancy, it appears!), she seems healthy and happy so far. Perhaps a budding soccer or volleyball player, depending on which limb it is she keeps beating me up with.....

ETA: Actually, in every ultrasound we've had so far, she has been very active and (*shudders*) fist-pumping. I keep telling her that despite DH's Italian heritage and name, we are a non-fist-pumping household!!

Last edited by eastwesteastagain; 06-17-2011 at 10:04 AM..

Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
I despise medical billing! My dentist won't let me leave the office without paying something, even though we have insurance. It never fails that their estimate is wrong. I either get a reimbursement check in the mail, or a bill for a few dollars. I have a friend who even had the billing office come to her room after she gave birth and ask for payment!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Thanks, rkb! We're all kinds of excited!

Haha, Mrs X - oh, I love the mental image of toddler X running away with the pregnancy test! I'm sorry to hear about the food aversion. I've been lucky with the lack of morning sickness too but little girl Ewag just decided last night that she REALLY doesn't like taco night! I'm due in October, so just shy of the 6 month mark over here. Unfortunately I never really shook the first trimester exhaustion, which is doing wonders for my mood!! Ever feel like self-regulation has become a full-time job?? Too funny how sometimes those positive tests seem to come out of nowhere!

ETA: ugh - so sorry to hear about your deductible! There should be some kind of rule that pregnant women don't have to deal with inane insurance
I am soooo tired as well! I never been this tired before! I feel like I ran the NYC marathon. OOOO I love a fall baby! A little girl! All things pink or are you doing neutral?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Congratulations MrsX! And you as well Ewag! (I didn't know.)

I'm very happy for both of you.

I rained a little hell myself this week. Someone with Mr. Dew's name has lousy credit and doesn't pay his bills. First it was the calls to collect on his student loans. Two days ago the collection agency started in. Wrong day to interrupt me. I lit into the guy informing him Mr. Dew served his country and went to school on the G.I. Bill (I laid that on pretty thick) then I told him Mr. Dew pays his bills and I was sick and tired of incompetent bill collectors mixing up my husband, Mr. Outstanding Citizen, and some lame draft dodger.

Yeah. I had a sinus headache that day.
Give em hell Dew give em hell!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Congratulations MrsX! And you as well Ewag! (I didn't know.)

I'm very happy for both of you.

I rained a little hell myself this week. Someone with Mr. Dew's name has lousy credit and doesn't pay his bills. First it was the calls to collect on his student loans. Two days ago the collection agency started in. Wrong day to interrupt me. I lit into the guy informing him Mr. Dew served his country and went to school on the G.I. Bill (I laid that on pretty thick) then I told him Mr. Dew pays his bills and I was sick and tired of incompetent bill collectors mixing up my husband, Mr. Outstanding Citizen, and some lame draft dodger.

Yeah. I had a sinus headache that day.
Haha - Is it wrong that I found this story so satisfying?? I do enjoy correcting irritating phone callers who have incorrect information, myself

Thanks a bunch! I hadn't mentioned it here before, given some of the scariness of the early pregnancy, but we seem to be all good now, after more test than you can shake a stick at (don't even get me started on THOSE insurance bills - oy vey!)

Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I am very serious. I just had this with Toddler X's dental and I was told by the office manager that they can not tell me how much the office visit is until he comes in for his visit.
Good grief! Okay, I'd shop around for another dentist. Telling you how much the visit would be should be no big deal. Ours will give an estimate before having anything major done.

Quote:
lol! Wish I could have heard that conversation..... bet it was a doozy.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I am soooo tired as well! I never been this tired before! I feel like I ran the NYC marathon. OOOO I love a fall baby! A little girl! All things pink or are you doing neutral?

Haha - seriously! Coupled with DS giving up his nap and having some nighttime sleep difficulty, I'm a bit of a mess. Poor Mr. Ewag!

I hope you start to feel a little more energetic soon - nothing like a second pregnancy to remind you longingly of the "easy days" with the first one!! Are you planning to find out girl or boy or waiting to be surprised?

Hee - we're repurposing DS's Winnie the Pooh room decorations (pale yellow walls, brown-ish carpet in the new house - it actually looks cuter in life than the pee-and-poop sound it has when I write about it!) for the time being. I'm not real big on the pink and girly stuff (which guarantees DD will have a fondness for Disney Princesses, I'm sure!) However, my in-laws will have pink, frilled and bowed all covered, I'm sure.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Haha - Is it wrong that I found this story so satisfying?? I do enjoy correcting irritating phone callers who have incorrect information, myself

Thanks a bunch! I hadn't mentioned it here before, given some of the scariness of the early pregnancy, but we seem to be all good now, after more test than you can shake a stick at (don't even get me started on THOSE insurance bills - oy vey!)

I know the feeling too well! Early pregnancy and all the scares it comes with is no fun and no bueno on the wallet. I think thats why I am hesitant on it all. Last night Mr. X and I were discussing it as I was angry about our insurance and I told him a part of me doesn't want all the unnecessary tests. I just want the ones that matter. Like why do I need another pap smear during pregnancy if I had one in October and not due until October or after the birth? My insurance won't cover it and I know I am going to have a fight with this ob/gyn (he is new to me) about it. I am not sleeping around and neither is Mr. X.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:18 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Last night Mr. X and I were discussing it as I was angry about our insurance and I told him a part of me doesn't want all the unnecessary tests. I just want the ones that matter. Like why do I need another pap smear during pregnancy if I had one in October and not due until October or after the birth? My insurance won't cover it and I know I am going to have a fight with this ob/gyn (he is new to me) about it. I am not sleeping around and neither is Mr. X.
Give me their number. I'll straighten them out!!

Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
CONGRATULATIONS MRS. X & EWAG!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting