Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 05:07 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Yay. We got an apartment today. It is higher priced than others in the area, but it is nicer, safer, and has better amenities. We are happy and are signing the lease tomorrow. Unfortunately, we can't get electricity until at least Wednesday and gas until July 14. So, we can't use our oven or stove for awhile. It's OK. Once it gets electricity we can use the microwave and crockpot.
Don't forget, you can buy an indoor counter-top electric grill too! And if your complex has a barbeque pit, you can have cookouts!

Old 06-25-2011, 06:29 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
So it's 6am and I am still awake.
I don't think I am going to bed until I can't stay awake any longer because I know I will have some pretty terrible nightmares.

When I was over at that lady's house I saw this movie called Frozen.

Below is what happens that is so disturbing.

Spoiler
3 friends get trapped on a ski lift at close, they paid off the lift guy and he switches places with another dude and there is a huge mix up and they are forgotten, one guy jumps off and breaks both his legs and cannot move, he proceeds to get eaten by a pack of wolves while his girlfriend and best friend sit on the chairlift above screaming and crying, the second guy gets down safely and tries to ski down, the girl finally gets down safely and slightly hurts her leg and crawls past the wolves eating the other dude. The wolves miraculous leave her alone and she gets to help. The wolves eating the dude and how utterly disturbing that whole scene was and how it shows the wolves attacking him..that's what disturbed me.

I swear I am scarred for life. I tried watching it again to see if maybe watching it a second time got me over it but nope....I am even more freaked out. My own dog scares me right now, I've had nightmares related to wolves and zombies for the past week (I don't know how the zombies fit in) and I can barely even go outside at night, I get all jumpy and sprint to my car.

It is truly disturbing.
I may just sleep with the light on...

Last movie to freak me out this bad was I Am Legend but even then....it wasn't as bad as this.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:33 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
psr- If you have induction ready cookware, you could get an induction stove like this
1600-Watt Portable Induction Stove | Overstock.com

It is amazing how well they work. Super fast and safe.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Coop - I will be sure to let you know beforehand. By the way, how is your young chair gymnast doing?
He's doing quite well. I keep forgetting his pelvis is broken....we go back next week for one last xray.

I told him that if he plans on anything else rather stupid, get it in before the end of the year since the deductible has already been met

Old 06-25-2011, 10:49 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Don't forget, you can buy an indoor counter-top electric grill too! And if your complex has a barbeque pit, you can have cookouts!
I think it does have some grills outside. Any of that would have to be done for a late dinner, though, since we are now into the above 100 temps for we'll have for a few months.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:28 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Congratulations, psr! I'm very happy for you.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:47 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I think it does have some grills outside. Any of that would have to be done for a late dinner, though, since we are now into the above 100 temps for we'll have for a few months.
Sounds like it is too hot for an oven anyway!

Lots of salads!! (And takeout).

Hope you will be happy in your new place.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:29 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Been cleaning the crack-house all day, and am starting to have a sense-of-humor failure. Why is it that every thing I sort and pick up is not mine....oh, that's right, it's because I put all my stuff where it's supposed to go. DH told the kids to sort a specific area. They said they had done it, but I suspect they didn't by the look on their faces when they discovered the junk had just been delivered to Goodwill. Live and learn.

The humidity is near 90%, and it's making me a tad grouchy.

Psr - congrats! Sounds like a good excuse not to cook.

Coop - that's too funny telling him to get his shenannigans over now.

Off to watch The Right Stuff.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:46 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,144 times
Hi all

Seems to be a bit quiet in this thread today... I guess you're all too busy cooking three hot meals a day.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Off to watch The Right Stuff.
Good movie. But come back when you're done and I'll tell you the part they got totally wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting