Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
BTW - I had a homemade brownie this morning for breakfast. That's counts as a cooked meal, right?
Oh absolutely. No doubt. Actually a lot of ice cream is cooked too, you cook an egg custard before you freeze it. So I hope you had some ice cream with it, because not only is ice cream cooked, but it has nutritious eggs in it!

Breakfast of champions.

Did you watch MasterChef, coop?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:49 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Some friends of ours have an organic ice cream and sorbet company, and their products will be sold in Whole Foods very soon. Keep an eye out for them, super yummy! My fave flavor is the Burnt Sugar with Carrot Mascarpone a close second.

High Road Craft Ice Cream & Sorbet
That looks AMAZING.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Did you watch MasterChef, coop?
I did! And as much as I couldn't stand that 18 year old kid, the other chick is a train wreck and should have gone. Well actually, the leader of the group should have stepped up and switched with one of them. But I knew she wouldn't.

All in all though, I could never just come up with something out of the blue like they have to. I remember the cupcake challenge last season - what if you had know clue the ingredients and how much of each to make a cupcake? Did they let them google it?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:07 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
you guys make me laugh!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
You forgot all of the other diet rules.
1. Of course calories don't count on your birthday
2. It doesn't count if you eat it away from home because you burn up all of the calories getting to the place that you are eating
3. If some crumbs fall off it doesn't count because the crumbs are the part that held all of the calories.
4. If you eat a Big Mac, it doesn't count if you have a DIET Coke with it. They cancel each other out.

I have a million more. I love my diet rules.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I did! And as much as I couldn't stand that 18 year old kid, the other chick is a train wreck and should have gone. Well actually, the leader of the group should have stepped up and switched with one of them. But I knew she wouldn't.

All in all though, I could never just come up with something out of the blue like they have to. I remember the cupcake challenge last season - what if you had know clue the ingredients and how much of each to make a cupcake? Did they let them google it?
Yes, Mr I Attend La Di Da College. What a doofus. He actually called the other contestants scumbags.

They are very very talented for home cooks. Making ravioli from scratch is not easy. But what is up with Christine? She is a basket case. She left no time for those steaks to rest, I thought Gordon was going to have a cow about that.

I like the dude with the lip piercings. Suzy seems very good, but she's too smug.

It was funny last night, because I had just cooked sausage sandwiches for dinner. Brartwurst with grilled onions and peppers, baby spinach, yogurt dressing mixed with jalapenos, and some mozerella and provolone cheese.

They should have picked mine!

I couldn't come up with a desert from scratch without a recipe either. But I wouldn't have made that crepe monstrosity I Attend La Di Da College made.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
This video is hillarious! It's just 20 second long! Check it out!

Which is the Guilty Dog? - Video

Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes, Mr I Attend La Di Da College. What a doofus. He actually called the other contestants scumbags.
I kept commenting on that to my hubby. I hope he is mortified by his behavior watching it back.

Your dinner last night - that sounds yummy!

I did Asian Orange chicken with Hon tsai tai on the side.

And for anyone thinking, "What????" - yeah, I had to look it up too. Not a lot of recipes for it. We got it in our CSA. Here's to hoping we don't get that again. And beets. Didn't care for the beets.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I'm going to start running a tally of all the whiny, know-it-all 19-year-olds I encounter. To be fair, I will put myself at the top of the list. I remember saying something very rude to a stranger when I was 19, and coming home to tell my mother because I felt so adult for "standing up for myself" and doing something brazen like what I thought an unapologetic grown-up would do. My mother stared at me and said, "I did not raise you to act like that." Smackdown! She was right, though.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Time to pick the kids up already... sigh. I spent my 3 alone hours paying bills, registering them for soccer, thanking all my FB happy birthday wishers, and coloring my hair. It is kind of red now. That's pretty racey for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting