Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm going to start running a tally of all the whiny, know-it-all 19-year-olds I encounter. To be fair, I will put myself at the top of the list. I remember saying something very rude to a stranger when I was 19, and coming home to tell my mother because I felt so adult for "standing up for myself" and doing something brazen like what I thought an unapologetic grown-up would do. My mother stared at me and said, "I did not raise you to act like that." Smackdown! She was right, though.
Lol. I know exactly what you are talking about now. I am going to have to think that one over before I respond though.

If I respond now, you will probably just have to delete it and I don't want to cause you more work.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
rkb: Good for you on the hair color! Enjoy it!!

Lately on my posts I've been thinking: WWJD

What Would Julia Do?

Then I put my fist in my mouth and repeat, "Must not be stinky. Must not be stinky." It doesn't always work though.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Poppping in for lunch!

Speaking of whiney young adults.....(don't want to limit it to only the 19 yo's...). Ever wondered what would happen if they were all in one room?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:02 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
I've decided to join the gym to build up some muscle strength so I'm not hurting myself everytime I try to do something in my garden.

Most of all, it would be a healthy place to run away to when I feel like running away so I can expel some energy!

I have a plan! And if that doesn't work, I'm going to the doctor's for a checkup, Dew!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I've decided to join the gym to build up some muscle strength so I'm not hurting myself everytime I try to do something in my garden.

Most of all, it would be a healthy place to run away to when I feel like running away so I can expel some energy!

I have a plan! And if that doesn't work, I'm going to the doctor's for a checkup, Dew!
Good for you Hopes. Having a plan really does help.

I am going to do the same thing. The past month has helped me see that I really need to follow up on some things with my doctor - things I didn't make the connection about earlier that might explain some things....

Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Speaking of whiney young adults.....(don't want to limit it to only the 19 yo's...). Ever wondered what would happen if they were all in one room?
Lots of emo music and competing to see who has had the worst life because mommy didn't hug them enough as a kid? Or maybe she didn't cook enough hot meals?
-------------------------
Happy Birthday, rkb!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:07 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Poppping in for lunch!

Like this but with terrible diction.

YouTube - ‪Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen‬‏

Old 06-29-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Poppping in for lunch!

First, there would be a fight over who got the best chair. The best chair could be anything from the most comfortable to the best placement in the room. Then there would be the arguing about who's parents love them the least because even though they have food, shelter, clothing (expensive of course), a cell phone, a laptop, a car, free insurance, and a million other things they don't need but "deserve", their parents don't love them because they only have the original iPad and haven't been given the iPad 2 yet.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times
Hello All! Hope you are enjoying your lunch.

What do you guys do when all your kid wants is a hot dog for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I make Toddler X eggs, bacon, toast or sausage and he will eat the sausage or have a hot dog leaving the rest. I make him spaghetti or some other hot meal for lunch and he will cry until he has a hot dog. I make dinner and he would rather have a hot dog (only exceptations is if I make a chicken curry or a flank steak with chimchurri sauce). Anybody gone through this?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 PM

Oh man. Julia, you were a bit too quick for me. I had just come up with my response, and it was closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting