Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hey, Zim, check out the video store Muriel works in. It is the actual video store up the street from the studio I used to work at when I was starting out, I used to go there every day to rent videos for the clients.
Hey that's cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Let's banish him to Spit Spit.
Is that our CD Mom's equivalent of purgatory now? I like it!

Fin we watched an Aussie dark comedy the other night called Love Serenade. Have you seen it? It was truly bizarre and wonderfully quirky.

Last edited by Zimbochick; 07-02-2011 at 10:56 PM..

Old 07-03-2011, 07:30 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
My back is killing me today. I couldn't sleep. It's worse this morning than when I went to bed. It's not my arthritis. It's muscular. Started out just to the side of center between my shoulder blades, now it's my entire right side of my upper back, neck, shoulder and down the back of my right arm.

What I wouldn't give for a muscle relaxer. I've taken hubby's prescription strength advil. No relief. Now he's saying to take that and one of the pain pills from his surgery.

If I don't have relief by Tuesday, I'm going with him to physical therapy. His therapist is mine too---I went to her a couple of months ago when my neck was bothering me since hubby was already going there.

I'm tempted to go to the ER in hopes I'll get a cortizone shot!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:09 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,056 times
Morning all.

Hopes- Sorry you are not feeling well.

Kathleen- Roz annoys me too. I have never figured out why they would hire a spokesperson for 1-800-ASK-GARY if that spokesperson can't pronounce ASK. Hey Roz! It is "Ask Gary" not "Axe Gary".

I am feeling drained after yesterday. I hate when I am in the heat for that long. You can start to feel really sick.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,056 times
Hopes- I forgot to mention. When I am having muscle aches, Advil does nothing for me. I have better luck with Naproxin. Maybe it is worth a shot.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
My back is killing me today. I couldn't sleep. It's worse this morning than when I went to bed. It's not my arthritis. It's muscular. Started out just to the side of center between my shoulder blades, now it's my entire right side of my upper back, neck, shoulder and down the back of my right arm.

What I wouldn't give for a muscle relaxer. I've taken hubby's prescription strength advil. No relief. Now he's saying to take that and one of the pain pills from his surgery.

If I don't have relief by Tuesday, I'm going with him to physical therapy. His therapist is mine too---I went to her a couple of months ago when my neck was bothering me since hubby was already going there.

I'm tempted to go to the ER in hopes I'll get a cortizone shot!
Hopefully there'll be no "next time", but if there is, when the pain is just beginning, alternate aspirin with your NSAID every 2 hours. It's not something you want to keep doing (or if you're ulcer prone), but for about 24 hours it's okay, and works better than the NSAID alone.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:51 AM

Sitting in my son's computer chair helped some. Hubby cooked me a big breakfast so I could take the prescription strength advil. I'm going to take the pain pill shortly and go back to bed. When the antiinflamatory wears off, I'll start alternating with asprin. No Naproxin on hand but I'll keep that in mind when I see my doctor because injuring my muscles is becoming the norm for me lately.

I know I need to stretch and strengthen my upper back and shoulders, but I can't get a break from these injuries. No sooner than I feel good, I hurt myself again, just doing the simplest stuff. Yesterday, all I did was scrub a wall for about 10 minutes. No digging. No pounding stakes. No gardening. Just cleaning a small area on the wall. I guess the initial injury to my back is a muscle that is used to do many movements. I don't want to just lay in bed and take it easy because that seems to make it worse too.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:55 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Morning all!

Hopes - you need to take it easy today.

You all crack me up - okay, it's possible you all have our Comfort Dental Amphitheater beat with 1-800 ask Gary......

Old 07-03-2011, 10:17 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times
Ahhhhhh, I love vacations. We go to this beach town every summer at least once. See, my grandma grew up in one of the inland areas up here, and she spends her entire summer in this beach town. It's soo nice. Why? Clean air, fewer people, much slower pace of life, and nicer people. What's one of the best things? The high is only in the 70's. Woohoo. It's about 105 where I live, so I'm just fine and dandy here.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 AM

Wow! I'm totally stoned!

Now I understand how people can get addicted to this oxycodone.

It's a good thing hubby only has a few of these left.

I'm feeling almost no sharp pain, just a dull aching. I'm just glad for the relief.

There's enough to get me through until I can see the physical therapist on Tuesday.

I plan to just sit in this computer chair (it's sooooo comfortable) or stay in bed.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:33 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
good evening all. I was in the mountains all day. Not a wonderful day. Ended up with a flat tire. We did have some nice scenery though. I'm on disc 2 of 6, each of them about 4 hours long, of the 1970's miniseries Centennial. I know I'm a dork. It is a fictional story about the history of Colorado for 1795-1970's. We're at about 1845 so far.
Oooh. Sorry about the flat. I LOVE Centennial. Watched the original, got it on VHS and have it now on DVD. I adore Jake Pasquinel. (Yes. I like the bad boys.)

FIN: I'm going to be thinking of my 5 questions.

DH is re-arranging today. This is dangerous. He also has "the look" that says "Man on a mission". I don't know whether to stay out of his way or go in and protect "my" stuff, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting