Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 02:16 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I completely understand. I work with one of those people who is always wrong, but states every opinion as fact. "Buying a used car is a waste of money because you will spend so much money on repairs that it will cost you more in the long run. That is why I lease my truck." "It is IMPOSSIBLE for someone to live on their own making $15 per hour."

Ugh. He drives me nuts.

I know what you are talking about. When you are talking about someone's health, if you don't know, don't state your opinion as fact.
Yeah, I hear you! I don't care if your opinion is 180 degrees different from mine, just as long as we both know what an opinion is. But there's no discussion with someone who believes their belief is a fact. I find it maddening!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Yeah, I hear you! I don't care if your opinion is 180 degrees different from mine, just as long as we both know what an opinion is. But there's no discussion with someone who believes their belief is a fact. I find it maddening!
exactly!

Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Hehe! Ewag, you obviously haven't spent much time in P&OC? Talk about people confusing fact, fiction, and drug-induced craziness there! Oh, and a bit of brainwashing. Not a good place for a cranky-pants!

Num - nice nails! I am not a girly-girl either, so I can't actually recall ever painting my finger or toe nails. Sorry, negative girly points for me!

Rkb - I loved Centennial, actually all the Michener books. I also agree about going to the same vacation spot each year, I'd rather go and explore new places. We have contemplated buying a beach house, and are still very tempted, but in the back of our minds have reservations about it.

Psr - Have fun!

Hopes - hope you feel better.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hehe! Ewag, you obviously haven't spent much time in P&OC? Talk about people confusing fact, fiction, and drug-induced craziness there! Oh, and a bit of brainwashing. Not a good place for a cranky-pants!

Num - nice nails! I am not a girly-girl either, so I can't actually recall ever painting my finger or toe nails. Sorry, negative girly points for me!

Rkb - I loved Centennial, actually all the Michener books. I also agree about going to the same vacation spot each year, I'd rather go and explore new places. We have contemplated buying a beach house, and are still very tempted, but in the back of our minds have reservations about it.

Psr - Have fun!

Hopes - hope you feel better.
Haha - yeah, spent a bunch of time over on P&OC before moving over to Parenting. I don't have the patience for P&OC on a daily basis - I think it might actually be crazy-making how far some posters over there are from the reality most of us inhabit!

Oh, Michener books - big fan!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Haha - yeah, spent a bunch of time over on P&OC before moving over to Parenting. I don't have the patience for P&OC on a daily basis - I think it might actually be crazy-making how far some posters over there are from the reality most of us inhabit!

Oh, Michener books - big fan!
I started off in the Denver forum, moved to P&OC until I just couldn't stand it any more. Then I came here

Old 07-03-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I started off in the Denver forum, moved to P&OC until I just couldn't stand it any more. Then I came here
I do still dabble on the dark side from time to time. Depends on my tolerance levels, and if the topic is of interest to me. I will say that it has been very thought provoking though, and really forced me to re-evalute my opinions, which is a good thing.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Ha! Yup, I started in the Seattle forum until someone there really annoyed me and I cross-posted in P&OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I do still dabble on the dark side from time to time. Depends on my tolerance levels, and if the topic is of interest to me. I will say that it has been very thought provoking though, and really forced me to re-evalute my opinions, which is a good thing.
I do sometimes wander over there myself, though I have to be in the right frame of mind! I definitely agree it can be thought provoking - I've had some very enlightening exchanges with some posters who I absolutely disagree with but have also learned something from.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Ha! Yup, I started in the Seattle forum until someone there really annoyed me and I cross-posted in P&OC

I do sometimes wander over there myself, though I have to be in the right frame of mind! I definitely agree it can be thought provoking - I've had some very enlightening exchanges with some posters who I absolutely disagree with but have also learned something from.
that I can handle. It is the completely crazy, tin foil hat wearers I can't deal with.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
that I can handle. It is the completely crazy, tin foil hat wearers I can't deal with.
Indeed! I completely agree- that's not a debate, it's like smacking one's head against a wall!

Old 07-03-2011, 10:41 PM

I rediscovered this song today. I had forgotten all about it but I'm glad we are reacquainted now, it's beautiful.

YouTube - ‪Leonard Cohen - Hey, thats no way to say goodbye‬‏

Ignore the video, it's crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting