Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 03:19 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I waited to until MissFR was ready. It was actually a breeze after that. I've posted here before that she had issues with public bathrooms, because of those dreadful loud automatic flushing toilets. Scared the bejezus out of the poor kid when she was really little.

But she got over that too, eventually - but about a year after she was potty trained at home. They seem to come around - eventually!
Aw, poor Miss FR!!

I figure, they all go to kindergarten potty-trained, right?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Oh, my.

The dust seems to have damaged my violin.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Little miss FR makes me wish I had a daughter instead of all the hairy manly men boys I gave birth to.

A very expensive day here, as our Lab has a torn crutiate. Dang! That's the one thing I didn't want to hear, since it requires surgery and our Golden had two already. Vet said so far it's a minor rupture, and can wait until we pay two college tuitions and possibly take a vacation. That brings us to Oct I think.

I also pulled something in my back lifting said Lab out of the car, so I'm headed off to bed with Hopes. I don't have quite as many happy drugs as she does though. Let's see what this bottle of wine can do, shall we?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, my.

The dust seems to have damaged my violin.
A real one or the itty bitty one that someone keeps needing?

Hope you feel better Mattie.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
A real one or the itty bitty one that someone keeps needing?
The itty bitty one I use as background music for select threads.

Sorry Mattie! Take good care of yourself.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:12 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The itty bitty one I use as background music for select threads.
We need an emoticon for that - where's Zim? She finds the best ones.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Yes - an emoticon for the worlds tiniest violin....

I'm irritated at myself for succombing though.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:21 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Me too. But I just couldn't let the credit card thing go. She's glossing over it. I can only imagine how furious her mom was.....

On another note - our dumb cat - the one who ran out of lives long ago, is convinced there is something on the wall and is precariously sitting on the skinny ledge on the second floor. He's seeing things. He really is a dingy cat.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Me too. But I just couldn't let the credit card thing go. She's glossing over it. I can only imagine how furious her mom was.....

On another note - our dumb cat - the one who ran out of lives long ago, is convinced there is something on the wall and is precariously sitting on the skinny ledge on the second floor. He's seeing things. He really is a dingy cat.
Every once in awhile Macie will do something similar. It's a good thing she's cute and sweet because I'm convinced she's not the sharpest tool in the shed either. She went through a time a year or more ago where she was scared to go in the kitchen. If a toy rolled in there she would just stop and go no further. For awhile, I was convinced we had some kind of critter that she could hear or smell...but I cleaned out all of my lower cupboards and saw nary a sign....she got over it but I will catch her staring at the wall or ceiling from time to time. If the house was older I might wonder about hauntings LOL.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:27 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Happens to the best of us, you guys. (not the credit card thing, the chiming in thing).

Quote:
Oh dear. Our big cat has long hair, and he's been outside rolling in the weeds and what have you. Well now he has all these sticky little seeds stuck in his hair and has some glorious matts going on. I've tried brushing regularly - but did I mention he's a cat?

So I've had to go at him with the scissors, to get the matts out, and now he looks like he has a mohawk, with long hair down his spine and a bunch of thin spots on his body. I think he's quite embarrassed, but he's keeping a brave face.

Sorry to hear about your dog, Mattie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting