Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,947,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I've missed a bit. But if we can get AARP discounts, I'm all for that.
Tomato pies sound yucky.
I'm beginning to wonder if a certain poster is making things up to get our goat. No one can be that thick for so long and not ingest our advice.
I appreciate my son more and more.
Well, that wraps it up.
Oh, we got take out from Chili's....sigh.....
You know coop, you might be right about that poster. Very astute of you.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:22 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,970,743 times
Look im sorry I frustrate you guys so much.

But I hate my life so much right now.

So I live at home for free, I have car and a blackberry and very little bills to pay but I lack the important things.

I lack a mother who respects the fact that I have anxiety issues and does stuff that makes me anxious all the time.
I lack a mother who has compassion and cares. Just last night I got a migraine and she told me she didn't think I was sane because she has never seen anyone have such bad headaches and how I deal or lack of dealing with them.
I lack a caring, compassionate family who does stuff together.

I feel so alone, so anxious, I see my life falling apart right before my very eyes and I keep trying to hard to make things right and do the things other people want to me to do.
I am so depressed that I don't have those things in my life and I can't work past it and I can't get over because it makes me so sad that my mom doesn't hug me and tell me she loves me, that when I am gone for a week or two on end she doesn't even call me to make sure I am ok or to just say hi or goodnight.

I hate my life so much and I feel so anxious right now. I feel like I just want to leave the house and never come back. I literally hate every last bit of my life. Every single ounce of it.

I just want my mom to care and respect things about me and like for who I am.
I just want to find happiness and someone show some compassion for once.
I am tired of watching people be vindictive and just plain hurtful.

I want my mom to out of the kindness of her heart let me park in the garage, because she knows deep down it's a nice thing to do, so I don't have to go through all that.
I want my mom to hug me for once.
I am so depressed and I think I have hit a breaking point.

I don't want to move from my bed, I don't have the motivation to help myself because if no one cares about me then why should I care about myself?

Sure, I could go off and struggle and start my own life but I won't make if I don't have friends and family around who care.

Anyways, no one cares, I don't know why I am posting, because even my own mom doesn't care about how depressed I am.
But I am very depressed, extremely depressed.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,450,731 times
Then txt, get help. When you first started posting here 2 years ago, we told you to first seek help for depression if indeed that is what ails you. There are routes available. There is nothing wrong with seeking help. People are frustrated because instead of seeking the help you apparently need, you go on and on with your big talk or about how awful your life is and why you can't do anything. You create scenarios that justify not doing anything to help yourself or where the solution is some magical future that just will "happen" by itself. You don't have a job so you have plenty of time to research how to get the help you need. Start there.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post

So I live at home for free, I have car and a blackberry and very little bills to pay but I lack the important things.

I lack a mother who respects the fact that I have anxiety issues and does stuff that makes me anxious all the time.
I lack a mother who has compassion and cares. Just last night I got a migraine and she told me she didn't think I was sane because she has never seen anyone have such bad headaches and how I deal or lack of dealing with them.

I feel so alone, so anxious, I see my life falling apart right before my very eyes and I keep trying to hard to make things right and do the things other people want to me to do.
I am so depressed that I don't have those things in my life and I can't work past it and I can't get over because it makes me so sad that my mom doesn't hug me and tell me she loves me, that when I am gone for a week or two on end she doesn't even call me to make sure I am ok or to just say hi or goodnight.

I hate my life so much and I feel so anxious right now. I feel like I just want to leave the house and never come back. I literally hate every last bit of my life. Every single ounce of it.

I want my mom to out of the kindness of her heart let me park in the garage, because she knows deep down it's a nice thing to do, so I don't have to go through all that.

I don't want to move from my bed, I don't have the motivation to help myself because if no one cares about me then why should I care about myself?

Sure, I could go off and struggle and start my own life but I won't make if I don't have friends and family around who care.

Anyways, no one cares, I don't know why I am posting, because even my own mom doesn't care about how depressed I am.
If you don't care enough to help yourself, why should anyone care enough to help you?

I've been depressed, I have anxiety. I know how it feels, but I could also think clearly enough to see that I needed to do something about it. I needed to do something about it. Not someone else. Me. We've been telling you for, what, a year, to go to school, get a job, and live on your own. We can't help that you don't choose to do that. If your mom is toxic, that's all the more reason you need to get out on your own. You can't control her, only how you react to her. Quit complaining and do something about it.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:26 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,915,253 times
Then seek help! There is nothing wrong with speaking to a therapist. When my husband passed, finding a good therapist to control our grief was probably one of the best things I've done for myself and my kids.

But then again, everyone has given you countless posts full of amazing advice and you're still in the exact same position you were in two years ago, so I'm not so sure you'd listen to a professional either. I dunno.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:23 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,487,152 times
Txt - On Sunday I will be 62 years old. I have raised a beautiful daughter who is a popular and productive member of society, ran a business for nearly 30 years, put my daughter through private school, travelled all over the world, own a home outright, written a book, and have some amazing friends. If I die tomorrow, I'll be more than satisfied with my achievements and the way my life turned out.

It wasn't always that way. Although my parents were together, weren't too short of money and didn't scream and yell, they made their feelings about me quite clear. Growing up, my father never told me I looked nice or was pretty (in fact he still has never done so), and my mother never missed an opportunity to tell friends and strangers that she didn't like red-haired skinny kids with freckles (that was me). My mother threatened me with a carving knife when I was about ten years old, holding it to my neck. I remember that very clearly, though I've long forgotten what my misdemeanour was. It was probably something really terrible like arguing with my 'golden boy' younger brother. It didn't matter how hard I tried to engage my parents, they simply didn't seem to see any benefit in having me as their daughter. Oh, and neither of them ever hugged me either.

Did it hurt? Of course it did. I left school at 16, did a typing course and got a minimum wage job. I had to pay one-third of my wage to my mother for my board. At 17 I'd had enough of life at home and moved out - to a very small bedsit in the city. It was basically a tiny furnished room with a partitioned-off stove and sink, and a bathroom in the hallway that was shared by all the other people with bedsits in the house. My parents made no attempt to stop me moving out - in fact they gave every impression of being highly delighted.

I worked in the city for 4 years, got the odd promotion here and there, moved into a nicer bedsit, made new friends, and learned that I was an okay person. I met the parents of several of my new friends and - amazingly - they seemed to like me too! Although I didn't have much money, if I was reasonably careful I had enough for food, rent and transport fares (no car) - and a little left over for a few clothes and weekend playtime. In the four years I lived in London my parents never once visited me - even though Dad's office was only 3 miles away and Mum went to work with him a couple of days a week.

Just before turning 21, my best friend and I emigrated to Australia. Again I worked hard, got better and better jobs, made new friends and lived within my means. I married at 26, but that didn't last long and my ex was only one stop short of being a dead-beat dad - so for all but 4 years of my adult life I have had to provide for myself and for my daughter until she graduated college.

Txt - you just need to start taking the steps which will take you to a better place. You'll have to make sacrifices for sure. You can't have everything you want straight away - you have to get the priorities straight (not your priorities - the priorities). Good things come to those who stop feeling sorry for themselves, put the past behind them and make the sacrifices that will get them where they want to be.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
The muscle in the center of my back is better, but I'm still having problems with my right shoulder, elbow and wrist. I'm limiting my computer usage because I think it's due to the mouse and my son's desk being too high for me. Everytime I put my hand on the mouse, my shoulder hurts within minutes. I'll pop in now and then. After giving it a rest for a few weeks, I'll go to the doctor.

Hubby and I went swimming yesterday. Had a blast!

I've been teaching TK fractions and how to read a ruler to prepare him for his new job. It blows my mind how little he knows. How can somone graduate from high school without the most basic skills?

My son starts his job today! Please keep him in your thoughts. I'm sure he's terrified, but he hasn't said anything. He seems determined to overcome his fears.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:15 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post

Please get professional help. There are low cost treatment options for anxiety and depression. I used to be a therapist for a living - I have seen people turn it around and find a purpose and joy in their lives. It is hard work, at a time when you probably feel like you're using your all just getting by, but the only way out of this kind of hell is to go through it and come out the other side. It doesn't get better on its own. You have to decide you want to work for a better life. IMO, it's worth it. Do some online research and make the call. You won't regret it.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:17 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
The muscle in the center of my back is better, but I'm still having problems with my right shoulder, elbow and wrist. I'm limiting my computer usage because I think it's due to the mouse and my son's desk being too high for me. Everytime I put my hand on the mouse, my shoulder hurts within minutes. I'll pop in now and then. After giving it a rest for a few weeks, I'll go to the doctor.

Hubby and I went swimming yesterday. Had a blast!

I've been teaching TK fractions and how to read a ruler to prepare him for his new job. It blows my mind how little he knows. How can somone graduate from high school without the most basic skills?

My son starts his job today! Please keep him in your thoughts. I'm sure he's terrified, but he hasn't said anything. He seems determined to overcome his fears.
Glad you're feeling partially better - hope your recovery continues!

Good job, DS!! I am so impressed by him. Sending good thoughts for his first day!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Morning all!

Hopes - fingers crossed for your son. I hope he has a good day. It will feel good to him to get that first day over with. Starting a new job isn't easy for anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting