Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

I'm learning I have some serious holes in my TV viewing. Morning all!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:44 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I am sure you have heard about the horrible murder of the Jewish boy in Brooklyn.

Hug your kids today (if you can) and Thank God we all have another day with them.

Prayers to the boys' family.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:03 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Not at all! Alex Trebec rocks.

I'd be the one forgetting to phrase things as a question.

My youngest (who are 13) still have a nine o'clock bedtime, though I don't think they actually go to sleep then. I know dd doesn't; she doesn't sleep more than about seven hours a night. Ever. Never slept as a baby, either, and let me tell you that is exhausting. At least now I know she's in her room either reading, drawing, or playing with her DS, and (most importantly) not chattering nonstop to me.
Haha re: phrasing as a question I wonder if I have good enough reflexes for that darn buzzer......

Ah, the joys of children and sleep! It's so weird that DS made the change to such limited sleeping, mainly because he was a super sleeper for so long - darned if I can figure it out!! But I hear you on the exhausting part!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Oh, I've heard of that! Okay, so I heard of it from an episode of Bones (IIRC it was covering a murder victim and Hodgins found a bedbug in it), but I still should get part credit...

signed,
Aconite the Geek TV fan
Haha - we seem to have the same TV viewing line-up!

Warehouse 13 didn't record for me this week, so I'm waiting for it to repeat over the weekend....LOVED the series opener of Eureka - anytime you have Zane and Fargo together is bound to be fun! I added Alphas to the queue for next week, too - you have piqued my curiosity!

coop and dew - totally recommend Eureka for good geek TV - if you can't find it on hulu, the syfy channel has some episodes online for free, and the whole kit and kaboodle is available for streaming on netflix.

Anyone catch the series opener for Rescue Me last night?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:32 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I am sure you have heard about the horrible murder of the Jewish boy in Brooklyn.

Hug your kids today (if you can) and Thank God we all have another day with them.

I did hear about this. It is one of those stories so horrible I think my brain goes numb trying to process it. My oldest turns 8 on Saturday.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:42 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
coop and dew - totally recommend Eureka for good geek TV - if you can't find it on hulu, the syfy channel has some episodes online for free, and the whole kit and kaboodle is available for streaming on netflix.
hulu+ has all seasons so I added it to our queue. My son had added Alphas already. I'm assuming you guys also watch Fringe. That show lost me a bit at the end of last season. I didn't really like where they were going.

I had not heard about the murder. I watched the news this morning. I'll have to go look for that.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:48 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

Absolutely horrible. I half expect the authorities to find out he molested/harmed other children.

Yes. Prayers to the family and the community.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:55 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Absolutely horrible. I half expect the authorities to find out he molested/harmed other children.
Wow - no kidding. It's like something from a horrible novel that could only be made up it's so gruesome.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
hulu+ has all seasons so I added it to our queue. My son had added Alphas already. I'm assuming you guys also watch Fringe. That show lost me a bit at the end of last season. I didn't really like where they were going.

I had not heard about the murder. I watched the news this morning. I'll have to go look for that.
We actually never watched Fringe - can't get away from Joshua Jackson as Pacey from Dawson's Creek - kinda ruined it for me

The murder news is horrific - the first time his parents let him walk home alone. Apparently, the murderer's ex said he had a head injury as a kid - wonder what impact that had on his adult behavior. Obviously, something was seriously amiss with him to do such a terrible thing. Those poor parents!

Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
The murder news is horrific - the first time his parents let him walk home alone. Apparently, the murderer's ex said he had a head injury as a kid - wonder what impact that had on his adult behavior. Obviously, something was seriously amiss with him to do such a terrible thing. Those poor parents!
A terrible tragedy.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
I just took the kids to see Thor. Hot damn, the actor who plays Thor, Chris Hemsworth, is incredibly easy on the eye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting