Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 04:18 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Actually, my absolute favorite is March Of The Pigs, NIN.

I have a Billy Corgan story. A friend and I were in NY, and we had arranged to meet a guy friend of ours in a bar. This guy friend was really tall, and bald. So we get to the establishment, and it's really dark. I see my friend at the bar, and go running over and give him a thump on the back and a big bear hug, and say something (I forget what, exactly but probably something very inappropriate).

You all know where this is headed. The guy turns around, all PO'd, and it wasn't my friend, of course, it was Billy Corgan. And he wasn't happy. And if you've ever gone up to a rock star and said "oh I'm really sorry, I thought you were someone else" ... well you know they think you're just full of it.

I never did like him. Dude has no sense of humor.
Nice on NIN!

Great story! Geez, like he's the only bald, tall guy in NYC! I hate to hear awesomely talented people are d'bags IRL, though....I guess it shouldn't surprise me - there are d'bags everywhere, right?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:22 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
I was just almost "that mom" at the bouncy place this afternoon. I have a good friend that I get together with for play dates every so often. We moms get along better than our kids do. Today we were at a pretty big place and we tried to sit in a location that was central, between the big kid area and the little kid area. We each had a kid in each area. After a while an employee, a mom, and a kid walked up and said my friend's son was behaving badly. He was too rough on the other kid. The mom was really mad and said an apology wasn't enough, the kid should be kicked out, and SHE was watching her kids, we weren't. At least it wasn't my kid, but I was that mom not paying attention to the kids while I chatted with my friend. I've been on the other end of that, and it does make me mad.

Honestly, I think my kids would have been (and pretty much were) fine with minimal supervision. My friend's kid is one that you have to watch. It is getting harder and harder to hang out with her because I don't really care for her kids. I'm sure everyone has friends like this, where you like the mom, but the kids don't get along. It is especially hard when I don't agree with her discipline/ parenting tactics.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Weed-whackers! When we moved and I was tossing stuff I found FIVE in the garage. Five! How does that happen?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:33 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Weed-whackers! When we moved and I was tossing stuff I found FIVE in the garage. Five! How does that happen?
Well, when a boy weed whacker and a girl weed whacker fall in love......

Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Nice on NIN!

Great story! Geez, like he's the only bald, tall guy in NYC! I hate to hear awesomely talented people are d'bags IRL, though....I guess it shouldn't surprise me - there are d'bags everywhere, right?
Yep. He's not considered a cool dude generally, by those in the biz.

Although, I had a friend in a very successful rock band around the same time - mid/late 90's - and he was complaining once that he hates it when he's on tour and he meets someone from a band who's music he really dislikes and they turn out to be great to hang out with. He said he felt bad for ragging on them previously and it would be easier if they were d'bags. So there's that.

Most people are actually great to hang out with, with a few exceptions.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
well, when a boy weed whacker and a girl weed whacker fall in love......:d
lmao!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:38 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,110 times
Quote:
lol! omg - I can understand five screwdrivers, hammers, etc. - but how does one acquire 5 weed whackers? Did he just "misplace" them?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Most people are actually great to hang out with, with a few exceptions.
Feel free to name names.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Feel free to name names.
You first!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
lol! omg - I can understand five screwdrivers, hammers, etc. - but how does one acquire 5 weed whackers? Did he just "misplace" them?
I actually laid them out on the grass and waited for him to come home. One was "too small". One was broken but he thought repairing it would be a good rainy day project. One had the string all tangled up and he thought maybe I could do that. One was my dad's and he was attached to it for sentimental reasons. And one was "the one I use".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting