Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Oh my! what did I miss? I'm sure I'm near the top of the bad parent list too for many reasons! We had a great time skiing. Back to reality and a big pile of laundry now!
You are now. You took your precious angels skiing? It's so dangerous, how terribly irresponsible, shame on you!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Wow...pretty quiet around here today.....I just got home a bit ago and we had a nice dinner of grilled salmon and spinach salad with apples and strawberries...it was yummy!

Bought 3 pair of shoes....I'll for sure keep one but the jury is still out on the other two. They were all quite a bit more than I am used to spending but I just can't deal with uncomfortable shoes anymore. One of the pair is cute but the heel is high...not sure how often I'd really wear them. I was a sucker just because I am not used to finding shoes that are actually cute and somewhat normal looking. The other pair is really comfy but I'm really not excited about how they look. I'd keep them if they were less expensive. I may hang onto them for a couple of weeks while I look for something that I like better....I just walked past a mirror and realized I got a little bit of a sunburn on my chest while sitting in the sun at DS's game this morning! Wasn't really thinking that way quite yet.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Glad you found some shoes mm.

Yeah, things have been crazy, and then crazier around here.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 AM

Thanks Zimbo....I think the really tall shoes are going back for sure. They are the cutest of the bunch but I don't think my calves can stand 4" wedges anymore. The other ones.....still haven't decided. I think I'll still look around for something I like better while I decide..

More wind today - actually about the worst I've ever remembered it. I heard it all night and it actually blew off the covers to my patio furniture!

Today I'll be over at my friends home working on pillows. I found out they are going to a military hospital in Germany not to a VA hospital here. I think it is related to the Wounded Warrior Project....

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:29 AM

970 posts, read 2,212,487 times
My parents were terrible too! They let me feed from a bottle when I absolutely refused to breastfeed under any circumstances! They spanked me when I was purposely being really, really, really bad! They made me do tons of chores like dishes, laundry, bathroom cleaning, weeding that probably took an entire 20 minutes out of each day! They let me wake up at 5am as a toddler and watch fishing shows in the morning because I refused to sleep any later! I went berry picking and scratched up my arms horribly! I ate tons of peanut butter!

I will confess that I am not a parent yet so I have not had the opportunity to be as terrible as you guys. Hopefully I will have the opportunity in another year or two.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:30 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Thanks Zimbo....I think the really tall shoes are going back for sure. They are the cutest of the bunch but I don't think my calves can stand 4" wedges anymore. The other ones.....still haven't decided. I think I'll still look around for something I like better while I decide..

More wind today - actually about the worst I've ever remembered it. I heard it all night and it actually blew off the covers to my patio furniture!

Today I'll be over at my friends home working on pillows. I found out they are going to a military hospital in Germany not to a VA hospital here. I think it is related to the Wounded Warrior Project....

Hope you all have a lovely day!
mm - keep the tall shoes! Everybody needs a cute pair of shoes, even if they aren't the most practical...

Have fun making pillows. Hugs to you for doing so.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:31 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
My parents were terrible too! They let me feed from a bottle when I absolutely refused to breastfeed under any circumstances! They spanked me when I was purposely being really, really, really bad! They made me do tons of chores like dishes, laundry, bathroom cleaning, weeding that probably took an entire 20 minutes out of each day! They let me wake up at 5am as a toddler and watch fishing shows in the morning because I refused to sleep any later! I went berry picking and scratched up my arms horribly! I ate tons of peanut butter!

I will confess that I am not a parent yet so I have not had the opportunity to be as terrible as you guys. Hopefully I will have the opportunity in another year or two.
Don't worry, if you're parents are any indication I'm sure you'll be much worse than us!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
mm - keep the tall shoes! Everybody needs a cute pair of shoes, even if they aren't the most practical...

Have fun making pillows. Hugs to you for doing so.

Thanks FR - I have been going back and forth over those shoes for that very reason. It's just not often I can find any that fit and are actually cute and kinda feminine/dressy - instead of vegan/earth mother styles. Not that I often dress up or anything but it's nice to know it's an option. I just really wish they were about 1/2 the money that they were. Yikes.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Moms always put everyone else first. Quit feeling guilty about the cost of the shoes you like. You and your feet deserve to be treated to something special.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:32 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
So I did my first ever half marathon today. I walked with my mom. We finished in 3:55 and our goal was under 4 hours so yay!

Also, someone was wearing those creepy shoes with the toes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting