Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 09:00 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Just say you're happy to fax it (if you can - does anybody even have a fax anymore?)
Exactly! - I don't even have one. But we have a virtual fax number. So I'm having to go through those hoops to fax it that way.

It just cracked me up. She also already paid the last invoice so not sure what the issue is there

Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Wow, I can't imagine living in South Africa during those times. That must have been quite the experience. London was not exactly the most peaceful and content city those days, either. What an amazing background you have. (I'm trying to put that more eloquently, but I'm not awake yet. It takes several cups.)
Yeah, that was a crazy, awful time in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Morning all!

Okay, I hate stupidity and an email I got from a customer of one of my clients is making me laugh and shake me head at the same time.

I email all invoices - pdf created straight from Quickbooks.

Yesterday I get an email back from someone I had just sent and email to. With her pdf invoice attached - this is what she said:

"Can you fax me this invoice and the previos one as they are too faint to print"

Really? I really want to email her back and tell her to change her printer cartridge. But I suppose that isn't a good thing to do......
You can't cure stupid. Thanks for the laugh!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
It just cracked me up. She also already paid the last invoice so not sure what the issue is there
Maybe a manager is looking for it to compile a report that includes those expenses, but that invoice is missing from her vendor file because she is disorganized with filing. I've seen this happen many times througout my career. I'll go to accounting to pull vendor files to do a report and half of the invoices are missing from the files. Makes me crazy!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:15 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Morning all! Mother Nature threw a curve ball and the bulk of the haboob went off to our east. We got some dust but not the brunt of it. Thank goodness. We're up in the hills so we had a good view of it rolling past in the distance. Lots of people on clean-up duty this morning. Very glad it's not me. Thanks for all the good thoughts!

Now for coffee.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Maybe a manager is looking for it to compile a report that includes those expenses, but that invoice is missing from her vendor file because she is disorganized with filing. I've seen this happen many times througout my career. I'll go to accounting to pull vendor files to do a report and half of the invoices are missing from the files. Makes me crazy!
She's a one man show - owns her own business.

Dew - I'm glad you missed the dust storm. Did your DH get some good footage?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Morning all! Mother Nature threw a curve ball and the bulk of the haboob went off to our east. We got some dust but not the brunt of it. Thank goodness. We're up in the hills so we had a good view of it rolling past in the distance. Lots of people on clean-up duty this morning. Very glad it's not me. Thanks for all the good thoughts!
Yay - Dew is haboob-less!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Did your DH get some good footage?
Yeah, pretty good. He wasn't out too long because he wasn't prepared and didn't want to get the dust in his camera but good enough. The rolling motion of the dust came across pretty well. That's the part that caught my attention.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Anyone watching live footage of the Rupert Murdoch hearing? What a crazy circus, someone just threw shaving cream in his face.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:15 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Anyone watching live footage of the Rupert Murdoch hearing? What a crazy circus, someone just threw shaving cream in his face.
no! I'll turn it on.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
So MissFR is getting in the bath just now because we're going to check out a PreK this afternoon. The bathroom in the daylight is not the most flattering of lighting setups. She looks at me as I'm taking her hair out of her ponytail and says "Mommy, are those your wrinkles?".

Maybe I spend too much time over here and not enough time over in Beauty getting Retinol tips from citrus fruits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting