Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 01:31 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Staying out of the sun and drinking water would be better - all around.
I think she said Pepsi because she must WANT a lecture! I was thinking the same thing -

txt - if you really want to start feeling better, lay off the soda and stay out of the sun. Seriously. Go get some of that C-Emergen stuff.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:34 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Staying out of the sun and drinking water would be better - all around. I know it's not what you want to do, you 'd rather go to the pool. And you will because it's what you WANT to do not anything that will actually help you.

I do hope you feel better though. In case you do get that job and they would like you to start right away.
Thanks and yeah I will end up going to the pool anyways, it always makes me feel better and relaxed.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I think she said Pepsi because she must WANT a lecture! I was thinking the same thing -

txt - if you really want to start feeling better, lay off the soda and stay out of the sun. Seriously. Go get some of that C-Emergen stuff.
That is good stuff - txt could get it at King Soopers or I think they sell it by individual packets even at Vitamin Cottage - which I think may be convenient to her. Probably doesn't cost more than a Pepsi.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:46 PM

I noticed the other day that Sam's had it bulk - I'm going to get some the next time we go. Like to have it on hand. We've tried Target's off brand - doesn't taste as good! Gotta have the real thing.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Chin up Dew! We're thinking of you.
Thank you. I'm just sorry I missed the Irish wake last night. My friend was part of the "Oh, no Mr Bill!" work gang that I mentioned a few days ago. We all keep in touch. All the L.A. people got together and hoisted a few in her honor last night. She spoke fluent Japanese so apparently more than one bottle of sake was drained in her honor. Stories were told. That's what I want when it's my turn. Everyone to have a get-together and talk about what fun we all had. No funeral dirges for me.

Psr, Oh, how I miss SoCal farmer's markets! I also miss not being able to buy sweet corn and strawberries off road side stands.

Got some use out of the Dyson today. I was complaining about the dust and DH said, "We live in the desert." I said, no. The desert has come inside. If you walk outside you will not see any dust. It is all in our carpeting. (Then I showed him how to use the crevice tool, lol.)

Old 07-31-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thank you. I'm just sorry I missed the Irish wake last night. My friend was part of the "Oh, no Mr Bill!" work gang that I mentioned a few days ago. We all keep in touch. All the L.A. people got together and hoisted a few in her honor last night. She spoke fluent Japanese so apparently more than one bottle of sake was drained in her honor. Stories were told. That's what I want when it's my turn. Everyone to have a get-together and talk about what fun we all had. No funeral dirges for me.
Awww - so sorry Dew. That would be hard to miss. It sounds like they honored her nicely! That's how I want to go out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Got some use out of the Dyson today. I was complaining about the dust and DH said, "We live in the desert." I said, no. The desert has come inside. If you walk outside you will not see any dust. It is all in our carpeting. (Then I showed him how to use the crevice tool, lol.)

Old 07-31-2011, 02:02 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Awww - so sorry Dew. That would be hard to miss. It sounds like they honored her nicely! That's how I want to go out as well.

Bwahaha....

Old 07-31-2011, 02:02 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,056 times
Hey all. I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

I just found out that my grandma (last living grandparent) is in the hospital. This is the same grandma that came to help my mom with DD while we were out of town. Mom decided to visit her for the weekend. Last night in the middle of the night, Grandma wasn't feeling well, so she went to get a glass of water. Part way to the kitchen she fell and didn't have the strength to get back up. Luckily my mom heard her fall and went to help. They are running tests right now to see what is wrong.

I can't imagine what would have happened if my mom didn't decide at the last minute to go over for a visit. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
^ Good thing your mom was there! ((((hugs))))

I don't think I mentioned it here, but my grandma (also my last living) has Alzheimer's and fell and broke her hip last week. So she has a new hip and can't walk, but she doesn't remember that she's hurt and can't walk, so she keeps trying to get out of bed, and she doesn't understand why she's in the rehab hospital. It's not a good situation. I feel helpless living so far away.

Let us know what the doctors find out.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I can't imagine what would have happened if my mom didn't decide at the last minute to go over for a visit. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok.
No kidding! Keep us posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting