Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 02:01 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Fin - do you use Quicken or anything along those lines? I have all our bills in the calendar in there with reminders. Our life insurance if yearly and if the bill got lost in the mail, I'd totally forget about it if I didn't have the reminders.
You know, I don't. That sounds like a great idea. Do they have an app for that? (not totally kidding!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Thanks for all the moral support every one! It does help.

As I was in the chair today (for an hour!) I was thinking that if I had just gotten over my fears I wouldn't be having to go through this right now. And how much cheaper it would have been to just pay the regular cleaning along the way
Aww, don't beat yourself up about it. I'm the same way. Just try and go more often now. No point worrying about how you dealt with it in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
kindergartner off to school! **sigh of relief**

We had one stupid bill come mid month, and everything else is due around the 1st. I had the one bill automatically go on my credit card, so I only have to remember to pay the bills once/month now.
Yay! Kindergarten! How fabulous. Good for you, Mom. Did you get all weepy?

I'm too nervous to do the automatic bill pay, or card pay. I get worried I won't have enough in our checking to cover it if I don't plan for it. If we had a set income I could probably let up a bit with all that.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Quote:
you need to stop defending your lifestyle and really listen to what we are saying. 5 months out of work is 5 months. When I apply for jobs and I have to fill in the part that asks why I left a job, the only reasons I ever have to put are

got a different job
relocated out of state

From age 17-35 the only gap in employment was when I studied out of the country for a semester. I have never ever quit a job without already having another one or moving out of the area. ever. I don't give a flying rats a$$ what your mom's rules are. She is allowing you to not have to pay rent somewhere. She is allowing you to be able to be unemployed. She doesn't owe you anything at this point. you never told me why you think you are entitled to live there.
Why should she be entitled to live here?
She doesn't pay rent, she doesn't go to work, she doesn't even do anything on the side to help herself make money so that her mom doesn't have to send her money each month. She doesn't even try to seek out jobs that WILL pay enough money to cover her bills.
At least I do something for myself. At least no ones going to debt over me.
Its been like this since I was little, she never has held down a job, she never has worked, she's always been home all the time and her mom and her friend have been supporting her for the longest time.
And she's not even grateful for what she gets.
She says she hates her mom and wishes her mom was dead and her mom has and still is the reason her azz is not out on the street and her child in forster care because she can't provide for him.
He has a job and he contributes nothing to their cell phone plan, which is $400 because my mom is behind on payments and the only reason its not shut off is because she makes SOME payment a month.

I am just as entitled as they are to this house.

But I am off to shower and head over to Best Buy to speak to a manager about a job. So.....

Old 08-03-2011, 02:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Fin - I don't do auto pay either. I do individual payments online however - that way, I can ensure the money is in the bank before I pay. I do like getting immediate gratification and confirmation that my payment was made and received. My bank tells me it is actually more secure than writing and mailing checks - who knew?

Old 08-03-2011, 02:44 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yep! Her mother's goal is in bold. She wants txt to move. Txt doesn't seem to realize that.
I do realise she would like me to move because its time but I am not going to pack my car up and live in it or live out on the street. I am going to get myself established in a job first and then go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
She provided you with life, didn't she? It's all friggin gravy after that, dear.
I was unwanted.
She got pregnant with some guy who was a jerk and left her then reappeared in my life at age two, then disappeared and then reappeared at age 9 and has been out of my life ever since.
She told me she wished she never had me, she told me that she wished she had just aborted me back then.
She never hugs me, never tells me she loves me, never calls me when I am gone for days or weeks or whatever. Never ask me to go to lunch or something. Doesn't text or call me if I am out when dinner is done and then yells at me because I am never home for dinner and the food goes to waste and even then she doesn't cook regularly.
My mom treats me like **** Fin.
She really does. I remember it was Christmas last year and I was sick and she didn't even want me here. The nanny family was in vail and I wanted to go over that night and stay the night and open presents in the morning and she wouldn't let me. I stayed alone that night and I hated.

She makes me feel so uncared for, she treats me like **** and she does things that make me wonder if she intentionally just likes to be a ***** towards me.

My 17 year old brother has free reign over everything.
That kid does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, with whoever he wants.
Yet she treats me like some untrustworthy criminal.
He can disappear with the SUV all day and she'll just sit at home and do nothing but had I wanted to use the car at 17 it was always no, I wasn't allowed, I didn't even have my license till I was almost 19 years old and he got his license at 16.

No, merely bringing me into the world doesn't count, the way she has treated me my whole life, the stuff she has said to me, the things I have been exposed to, the people she brought into my life when I was little, the abuse I went through. I don't owe her a damn thing, not a damn thing at all.

Did I mention the time a few months ago that I had a migraine, one of my worst? I was uncontrollably vomiting all over because I was in so much pain. I was shaking, weak, my head would start to hurt worse if I sat down or laid down and all that kept it from getting worse was walking around but I was so weak I didn't feel like I could stand any longer. It was bad. I was sitting in front of the toilet in the bathroom alternating between vomiting and crying on the phone to my grandmother while my mom had to shower and dry her hair plus do her make-up before she would even take me. Then she finally took me to the ER and then left me in the waiting room to continue uncontrollably throw by myself alone with no one to try and comfort me. Then showed back up told the doctor I was only coming in to get painkillers because she thinks I am addicted to pain killers and was exhibiting drug seeking behavior and then was shocked to find that no narcotics have EVER been used in the treatment of my migraines and that I actually was refusing any painkillers at the ER due to them making my migraines worse. THENNNN proceeded to yell at me on the car ride home JUST AFTER I had gotten out of the ER for a migraine.

WHAT A LOVING MOTHER!
I must be so indebted to this wonderful woman.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:48 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You know, I don't. That sounds like a great idea. Do they have an app for that? (not totally kidding!)
Well, actually, another way to go would be to just put reminders on your calendar - either straight on your phone or like mine does - it syncs with outlook and sends me reminders on my phone.

I bet there is a bill reminder app of some sort though!

I have a few things automatically bill to our credit card and then I just pay the cc off each month. We have a card that puts money into our son's 529. So anything like car insurance, cell phone bill, etc. that can be charged to a card, I have them automatically pay that way.

I don't do auto bill pay through the bank either since I'm a bit anal about stuff as well. Not to mention, if your normal pay date for the bill lands on a weekend, they won't pay it until the next business day. So unless I could pay everything way in advance - that could be an issue making something late. Which would make me not happy at all!

Old 08-03-2011, 03:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Kibbie, Congratulations on the kindergarten!!

Just got back from Old Folks Day at the supermarket. Pretty sure I was the youngest person there. There were NO regular carts left, lol, just the kind with the baby seats and the kiddie cars attached. I'm still laughing.

Best part: (Besides the 10% off) Snow White was shopping. Yes. A woman in full Snow White regalia. She bought cookies. I looked. The Dwarfs are going to be happy men.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:27 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
kindergartner off to school! **sigh of relief**
Aw! How are you holding up??

Dew, you crack me up! Did Snow White have any apples with her?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:33 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Best part: (Besides the 10% off) Snow White was shopping. Yes. A woman in full Snow White regalia. She bought cookies. I looked. The Dwarfs are going to be happy men.
That's disappointing - I thought Snow White made her own stuff - with the help of birds and such.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Dew, you crack me up! Did Snow White have any apples with her?
Nope. Just cookies.

The weird thing is I worked at Disneyland for so long seeing Snow White in the supermarket seemed perfectly normal.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Nope. Just cookies.

The weird thing is I worked at Disneyland for so long seeing Snow White in the supermarket seemed perfectly normal.
Haha Well, I guess I'd be a little apple-shy if I were her, as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting