Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I will never try to bake a layer cake again. That's how bad the last one was. I'll do cupcakes, but that's it. thanks for the recipe!

Morning all!

I made a layer cake for Mr Aconite's birthday-- yellow with a custard filling and chocolate icing (the cake and icing were his request, the filling was my bright idea). It tasted pretty good, but looked as if Dr Seuss had made it/

Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post

I was driving home from work and blew a head gasket (still waiting to find out if it is more damage). I am sitting on the side of the road coordinating with my dad (works in the car service business) where to have it towed. I am outside for hours in August in FL. DH comes up with DD to bring me home. We had to make a quick stop for milk. I am so tired that I just wait in the car. DH comes out and guess what. The car won't start. Now we are in a parking lot with our only other car dead. We try to have it jumped, but that isn't working.
Oh, yikes! I'm sorry!

The AC on ours went out yesterday on the way home from a trip to Orlando. NOT FUN AT ALL, but at least it runs okay.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Hang in there Nummy. Big hug!

Morning all.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:29 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine.
I got a love and I know that its all mine OH WOAHH OH OH.

*dances*

Does anyone have coffee?
No?
Damn.
I need coffee.
Meh, maybe another hour of sleep..

Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm losing patience with this tendonitis.... some days it'll feel ok for a while but then the pain will keep me up at night. I've been icing it etc....I jusy realized that the wrist brace I had for carpal tunnel on my right hand can go on my left too. I think I'll wear that and see if it helps. I'm wondering if it could be caused by round brushing my hair...that or my Angry Birds addiction..
Be REALLY diligent with taking care of your tendinitis.

I got tendinitis in 10th grade during soccer season, I even had this little build up of something on my wrist, it went away eventually but I wore my wrist brace to school and had to wear it for two months. I couldn't write or anything, they had to have someone write for me but I still played soccer and just stuck my glove over my wrist brace, I now have chronic tendinitis in my right arm into my shoulder, which I greatly aggravated in a pottery class.
I can't dry my hair without my shoulder starting to burn and feel weak.

I'm so young but its almost to the point I'll need some sort of daily asprin or aleve dose to keep stuff from not hurting.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 AM

And one last thing before I go back to sleep for a bit before I got off for the day to get stuff done..

16 days till I am 22, 17 if you count today (I don't)

Also Source Code... good movie, especially if you are a jake gyllenhall fan.
Easy A, HILARIOUS.

Next to see: Limitless. (I hope bradley cooper takes his shirt off in it)

Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
I play Angry Birds on my Nook (which is actually more of a small tablet than simply an ereader - you can tell when I'm posting using it because my spelling is off and sometimes I get double letters LOL). I'm right handed so you wouldn't think it would be a problem. I do notice pain from holding it in my left hand though...and it's not my wrist so much as the whole tendon running from my elbow down through my wrist...I have thought of having a cortisone injection but I've heard they are painful and not always effective, so I'm waiting to see if it will heal some with ibuprofen/ice/rest for a few weeks....I'd really rather go that route if possible. Not a huge fan of shots or going to the doctor. I am however really noticing how much more I use my left hand than I thought I did. Grabbing laundry from the washer and putting it in the dryer, grabbing the iced tea jug out of the fridge...all kinds of things. It is harder to rest it than I anticipated. I'm trying some stretches also.

jk - good luck on the timing belt. That is coming up in the next year or so with DH - along with tires - too.

Last edited by maciesmom; 08-09-2011 at 10:00 AM..

Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
mm: Your best bet is probably to rest it. Which means, sadly, lay off the Angry Birds for a while. Any repetitive motions are a killer. Have you tried the Icy Hot patches? There's another one - can't think of the name... You put them on the painful areas. They work very well for me. I feel for you. I've reached into the fridge for a gallon of milk...pain surge...milk on floor. (I now buy quarts, lol.)

Old 08-09-2011, 10:26 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
jk - good luck on the timing belt. That is coming up in the next year or so with DH - along with tires - too.
Let me guess - Japanese car close to 120,000 miles?

His needs knew tires too.

The car is a 1999 Infiniti QX4 - we are just now hitting the 120,000 miles. It's been a great car - just regular maintenance. Unfortunately this regular maintenance is in the tune of $700+ .

Old 08-09-2011, 10:35 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Let me guess - Japanese car close to 120,000 miles?

His needs knew tires too.

The car is a 1999 Infiniti QX4 - we are just now hitting the 120,000 miles. It's been a great car - just regular maintenance. Unfortunately this regular maintenance is in the tune of $700+ .

2005 Toyota Highlander....a little over 100K miles (DH puts about 20K/year on the car - we bought it in 07 with only 15K miles on it). Been a great car - we've really put nothing into it other than regular maintenance. I anticipate him driving it at least another 100K miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting