Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 03:14 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times

Advertisements

Mrs X - Get some rest. Tell the preschool about your transportation issue. You never know someone may be nearby and wouldn't mind picking up your child. I know it wouldn't bother me to help someone with a ride to my day care as long as they aren't too far out of the way.

Also, does your pre-school also have before and after school care? Mine has a van that they use to drop off all of the school-agers. Maybe they could pick him up on the way back? Check with the school. There may be some help there.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:17 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I wish that was all I needed to fix my teeth. The last time I checked, to get my teeth filled, crowned, and all of the basics to stop them from just falling out of my head I needed almost $18,000 AFTER insurance. Since then, the damage is much worse and I no longer have insurance. I can't remember what it is like to eat a meal without being in excruciating pain. It has been at least 10 years. I don't have a choice though. I have to work to feed, clothe and shelter my family.
Holy crap! Seriously $18,000 after insurance. Is there any charity care in your area? I swear if I ever hit the lottery, I will anonymously donate money to you to get your teeth fixed. That is too long to go with out care and it can lead to a multitude of other health problems.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Mrs X - it was my son with the issue. He tested negative for anything bacterial. We left it alone, and he seems to be ok now.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
With how much medical and dental cost in the US its easier to just go buy a gun and old yeller your self out back of a shed.
Someday I'm going to blow and tell you what I've gone through just to live and wake up in the morning. That's a very flippant, offensive attitude. Hopefully you'll grow up some day and realise how silly you sound. You have your health. Get over yourself.

(Sorry, ladies. But today is not the day for me to listen to this.)

Old 08-25-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Mrs X - Get some rest. Tell the preschool about your transportation issue. You never know someone may be nearby and wouldn't mind picking up your child. I know it wouldn't bother me to help someone with a ride to my day care as long as they aren't too far out of the way.

Also, does your pre-school also have before and after school care? Mine has a van that they use to drop off all of the school-agers. Maybe they could pick him up on the way back? Check with the school. There may be some help there.
They are aware of my transporation issues and it is going to be discussed in an upcoming meeting because they are thinking of getting a van for field trips and stuff. So they were wondering if there were other parents who would be interested in paying additional tuition money for transportation as they know many have to head off to work early.

But again that is a wait and I hope to hear from Mr. X boss sometime tomorrow or early next week. He already gave the approval of a company car which Mr. X is excited about but we are hoping that head office has one available.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:25 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
txt...give me a break. 99% of your problems are self induced. Just stop it. Grow up. Get off your duff and go live your life.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Mrs X - it was my son with the issue. He tested negative for anything bacterial. We left it alone, and he seems to be ok now.
You put neosporin on it, if I remember correctly? My doctor gave us bactricin for it and then it became super swollen by Wednesday. She has given us pencillin and then told me to put a triple antibiotic on it such as neosporin or she will call the pharmacy to get a stronger ointment. Since the medicine and the neo it seems slightly better.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:27 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Aww Nummy! How are things going with you?
Stressful as usual, but I am getting by. Strangely enough I am known in the office as the cheery one who lifts everyone's moods because of my crazy sense of humor. I can only keep up the optimism so long before I get beaten down too much.

I had a mini-break down last week. I was in a meeting with my boss and he made one comment too many. I went off on him. It was to the point where I didn't care if I got fired. I couldn't take the abuse any more. I told him exactly what I think of him. By the end of my crazy tirade, he was apologizing to me. He told me that he could finally see the points I had been trying to make to him all along. It has been much better since then. EVERYONE has noticed the change.

I also got my van back finally. It was a blown head gasket. Not the cheapest thing to fix, but at least I have a running car.

DD started 1st grade this week. She is having so much fun and is really excited about her creative writing this year.

Overall, it looks like things built up into last week, exploded and now it is all getting better.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:27 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Someday I'm going to blow and tell you what I've gone through just to live and wake up in the morning. That's a very flippant, offensive attitude. Hopefully you'll grow up some day and realise how silly you sound. You have your health. Get over yourself.

No apologies needed. You said what we are thinking.

Mrs.X - I was wondering about you too. We worry here! I hope they can work something out to help - or your husband gets a company car. That would be wonderful!

num - geez, I am so sorry. Let me edit - sorry about your dental issues. But on the flip side - sounds like things are better at work. So it's a good thing you flipped out!

Old 08-25-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
txt...give me a break. 99% of your problems are self induced. Just stop it. Grow up. Get off your duff and go live your life.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I do not blame you for feeling the way you do.

Txt..I do pray you will wake up one day and realize the world doesn't owe you anything and that you will take responsibilty for your own actions, welfare and health. There is no magical godmother out there that will take your problems away and give you everything on a silver platter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting