Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 04:16 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
It is really addictive isn't it?
lol! YES.

I only play on the weekend since DH takes the iPad to work. I can't play on my phone - too tiny. I'd go blind.

I played until the battery died

Old 08-27-2011, 04:16 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Lol on the stubbed toe.

We actually have some slightly gusty winds here in GA. Dry as a bone though, unfortunately. Flooding is awful. I love some good rain, but only when the ground can handle it. We were out of town two years ago when this area got 20". It was a feeling of complete helplessness as family and friends sent pictures of the rising water.

Looks like DS and DIL didn't get much of anything in NC, thankfully.

Great news that DS and DIL didn't get hit too hard!
And holy cow re: 20" - that is crazy! I agree the just watching and knowing there's nothing you can do is a terrible feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
How does a 6 year old have so much stuff? so far we have only cleaned behind her door. At least we can open it all of the way now.
Grandparents?? Good luck on your continued quest to make paths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hola all. I dragged DH to the new dollar store. He'd never been in one. He was delighted to find Chris n Pitts BBQ sauce, which is a SoCal thing. I was delighted to find Yardley English Lavender soap for a buck a bar. He's actually a great shopper. He spotted the Star Wars Pez dispensers from two aisles over, lol.

Hope all our East Coasters are stocked up and hanging in there.
Haha - I think I'd just love Mr. Dew! Anyone who can spot a Star Wars pez dispenser from that distance!

So the rains have started here, but still quiet on the wind front. The streets are already starting to get a tad swampy, which doesn't bode well for overnight. But we're all stocked up, gassed up, and charged up, so nothing to do but wait for the power to go out.

Good luck to all of my fellow storm riders, especially FR!! Let us know how you're doing if you can!

Old 08-27-2011, 04:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Haha - I think I'd just love Mr. Dew! Anyone who can spot a Star Wars pez dispenser from that distance!

Oohhh. A Star Wars fan? We have these Disney Star Wars figures. Donald is Hans, Mickey is Luke, Minne is Princess L and Goofy is Darth. All of them holding appropriate weapons. DH moves them around. Moves other things to fight them. Trolls, my Dopey collection. We have a sort of chess match going on. Easter Bunny troll fights Goofy as Darth. He moves them when he leaves in the morning. Sometimes I have to hunt for the spot the battle has moved to.

We so act our age.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:29 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,110 times
Quote:
Oohhh. A Star Wars fan? We have these Disney Star Wars figures. Donald is Hans, Mickey is Luke, Minne is Princess L and Goofy is Darth. All of them holding appropriate weapons. DH moves them around. Moves other things to fight them. Trolls, my Dopey collection. We have a sort of chess match going on. Easter Bunny troll fights Goofy as Darth. He moves them when he leaves in the morning. Sometimes I have to hunt for the spot the battle has moved to.

We so act our age.
I think that's cute - and I guess we don't act our age either because someone is always putting Mr. Bill in funny places....never know where he will show up.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Hang on! Everyone is thinking of you.

We so act our age.
Hahahaha! I LOVE it! Ah, what fun is it to act our age??

Total Star Wars geek over here - we actually brought the original trilogy with us in my hospital bag when we went to deliver DS, just in case I needed distraction. All of my figures are still packed away (I wasn't allowed to have them as a kid, so DH collected a ton for me when the second trilogy came out), but I can't wait until DS is old enough to play with them with me! He's currently taking "light saber lessons" from DH (only plastic, of course, DH doesn't want a fancy replica one - he's holding out for a real one!)

Old 08-27-2011, 04:31 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I think that's cute - and I guess we don't act our age either because someone is always putting Mr. Bill in funny places....never know where he will show up.
And that is the absolute best thing about bendables! Love them....When I was in high school or college, we had a Pink Panther one for awhile. Same thing. When you least expect it? Expect it. I really think I need to get one.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:33 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
That was weird. I was on my way home from my mom's, and lo and behold five our six Army tanks on the side of the freeway.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
And that is the absolute best thing about bendables! Love them....When I was in high school or college, we had a Pink Panther one for awhile. Same thing. When you least expect it? Expect it. I really think I need to get one.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:36 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
That was weird. I was on my way home from my mom's, and lo and behold five our six Army tanks on the side of the freeway.
Guessing a group of Reservists or National Guard are doing some exercises...

Old 08-27-2011, 04:38 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Guessing a group of Reservists or National Guard are doing some exercises...
Probably. There is a reserve base out there. It was just an unusual sight, and it slowed traffic down since obviously everyone has to stop and look. They did get a truck driver to honk for them, though. I haven't seen anyone ask a truck driver to honk since elementary school. Haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting