Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 04:32 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh goodness, MsDew, that sounds like heaven to me at the moment.

MrFR worked today so MissFR and I hopped on the bus and went to this great playground up the street that has a sandbox and cool stuff in it. We stayed there for 3 hours and then went to the farmer's market for a drink and the toy store to play with the Thomas train set. We get back on the bus and everything's fine until we're walking home and she has a cow because she wants to go to go back to the playground.

So I've had an hour of repeated placing-in-room-until-whining and yelling-stops kinda fun. She has finally passed out.

Can I please go to the Macaroni Grill and used bookstore with hubby by ourselves? Sounds like a dream come true.
Your day alone with hubby at Macaroni Grill and the used bookstore will come when yours is a teenager who doesn't want anything to do with you.

Then you'll forget all of the tantrums and look back on these years, wishing she would hang out with you, go to the park wtih you, etc.

You gotta pay your dues first! We've ALL endured your fun day to get where we are today! (From my posts lately, I'm not sure you want to be where I am today! LOL)

Old 04-09-2011, 04:37 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Your day alone with hubby at Macaroni Grill and the used bookstore will come when yours is a teenager who doesn't want anything to do with you.

Then you'll forget all of the tantrums and look back on these years, wishing she would hang out with you, go to the park wtih you, etc.

You gotta pay your dues first! We've ALL endured your fun day to get where we are today! (From my posts lately, I'm not sure you want to be where I am today! LOL)
True that, Hopes. You're still doing a fine thing.

But can't one have just a teensy weensy pity party parade around here without y'all raining on it?

Old 04-09-2011, 04:39 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
But can't one have just a teensy weensy pity party parade around here without y'all raining on it?
Um.......................................no, sorry!

Old 04-09-2011, 04:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:

Except for the melt-down, Fin, the day at the park sounds like fun. Melt-downs are not wonderful.

Right now I'm watching the guy across the street play catch with his son. This has to be the most wholesome street in the country. A few doors down the stay-at-home-dad has put out his "Kids at Play" sign and his kids are out on their scooters. (Wearing the requisite helmets.) Pretty soon the dog walkers will start up.

It's honestly like a little slice of the 50's up here.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:40 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
According to Zimbochick, these are the terms for our being allowed to whine here when I had my pity party earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Vent away, our services are free and unconditional. If we happen to point and laugh, just ignore us!
That's funny stuff!

I'm sorry you had a hard day. You're a good mother. You were patient until she passed out. Now, go grab a glass of wine!

Old 04-09-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Is anyone else having an awful day allergywise?

I can't stop sneezing!
One word: Prednisone. I had to take one this moning.

(I have horrid allergies.)

Old 04-09-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
According to Zimbochick, these are the terms for our being allowed to whine here when I had my pity party earlier:

That's funny stuff!

I'm sorry you had a hard day. You're a good mother. You were patient until she passed out. Now, go grab a glass of wine!
Thank you. It's ok, it wasn't that bad, but a nice afternoon out with hubby didn't sound boring to me, at this juncture, was my point.

We had a lovely day up till the tantrumy part.

But I was thinking, because your new kid gets a room with a computer and an xbox and a tv - perhaps instead of the Macaroni Grill I can come stay at your house? It sounds great. How many bedrooms ya got?

Old 04-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Yeah! Let's all go to Hopes' house and play!

Old 04-09-2011, 05:08 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Thank you. It's ok, it wasn't that bad, but a nice afternoon out with hubby didn't sound boring to me, at this juncture, was my point.

We had a lovely day up till the tantrumy part.
I hope you don't think it's ending anytime soon? I always wonder how it is my kids co-ordinate their tanrums. I would much rather they have them at the same time, but oh no, they have to take it in turns. So thoughtful!

Oh, and please feel free to vent away too, a pity party is still a party, so I'm good with that. Can we wear hats, and throw streamers at each other?

Old 04-09-2011, 05:08 PM

Yeah! Hang on, wait... does she have any salt, or should I bring my own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting