Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 07:09 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They're grew up just a few miles apart.

BTW: I sort of knew Kevin in college. Hs first wife was a friend of a friend. Major frat boy party animal. When he first got famous I kept saying, "Kevin Costner? Really? You're kidding!!"
Really! That is funny.

Steve Martin! That must be some good stories.

I have tons of famous people stories from previous work I have done but have to keep confidentiality till this day. I will say though I gave Reese Witherspoon the flu and Liv Tyler a roll of toilet tissue cause there wasn't one in the stall, Serena and Venus Williams are girls you never want to get into a bar fight with, Matt McConaughy is a flirt and lead my receptionist to believe he would call her which turned into a prank that needed to be played, and there are way too many male stars trying to pass off they have a full head of hair.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Night all! Got a re-run of my football game on.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quiz - Which American accent do you have? - YouThink.com

Here. We can all take this and report back to Dew.

Mine says "Western"....

Old 08-28-2011, 07:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Really! That is funny.

Steve Martin! That must be some good stories.

I have tons of famous people stories from previous work I have done but have to keep confidentiality till this day. I will say though I gave Reese Witherspoon the flu and Liv Tyler a roll of toilet tissue cause there wasn't one in the stall, Serena and Venus Williams are girls you never want to get into a bar fight with, Matt McConaughy is a flirt and lead my receptionist to believe he would call her which turned into a prank that needed to be played, and there are way too many male stars trying to pass off they have a full head of hair.
LOL...neither of these seems shocking to me!

Old 08-28-2011, 07:16 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

Mine says "Western"....
Here is mine. It was way off on where I am from though.

Western

Western is kind of neutral, but not quite since it`s still possible to tell where you`re from. So you might not actually be from the West (but you probably are). If you really want to sound "neutral," learn how to say "stock" and "stalk" differently.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:19 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
MM! My quiz came back Nuetral! That is hilarious!

Old 08-28-2011, 07:22 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Isn't that against some bizarre Vegetarian law? Joking...

You would think so, and if not, it should be!

Quote:
I never had beef wellington but sounds really good.

Really good. Next time you are in an upscale restaurant, try it.

Quote:
What is your recipe for cottage pie?

Zim's Ridiculously Delicious Cottage Pie (bear in mind I'm not much of a traditionalist!)

- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil
- add lean ground beef
- when brown add beef stock to taste. I usually add 2 cubes in 1/2 cup water if 1 to 1 1/2 lbs meat plus or minus. Can add more water later if a bit dry.
-throw in whatever veggies take your fancy. Me - 3 or 4 tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, frozen peas (unless you are very lucky and can find fresh), grated carrots, zucchini
- add a couple of bay leaves, oregano, sage or thyme, Worcestershire sauce to taste

Potatoes - I don't care for a high calorie mash, so we just mash the spuds with the skins on, add fat-free sour cream, salt and pepper.

I don't grate cheese on top, or grill in the oven, but you can do either/both.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:26 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They're grew up just a few miles apart.

BTW: I sort of knew Kevin in college. Hs first wife was a friend of a friend. Major frat boy party animal. When he first got famous I kept saying, "Kevin Costner? Really? You're kidding!!"

Oh, and how could I forget? My brother knew Steve Martin. Heck I knew Steve. I'll save those stories for wine night. Psr has some kind of a connection to him too. Her brother (?) was a friend of his I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, psr.
My sister's best friend in high school's dad was his really close friend. I'm not a big fan of Steve's due to some things involving high school and his attitude. Apparently, he's not so ashamed and p'ed off at the high school anymore, though.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:30 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:

Mine says "Western"....
mine says Western too. Makes sense, since I've only lived in CA and CO, except for 3 months in New Zealand.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:30 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Quote:

Mine says "Western"....
Mine says "Western," too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting