Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 05:10 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times

Advertisements

Zimbo - party's at Hopes's! I don't think it has a theme .... so pity or otherwise, let's party on!

Old 04-09-2011, 05:14 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Zimbo - party's at Hopes's! I don't think it has a theme .... so pity or otherwise, let's party on!
Yeah.....I don't know about that. I'm kinda allergic to grumpy teens. But...a party is a party, so I guess I'll take one for the team!

Old 04-09-2011, 05:17 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,083,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Except for the melt-down, Fin, the day at the park sounds like fun. Melt-downs are not wonderful.

Right now I'm watching the guy across the street play catch with his son. This has to be the most wholesome street in the country. A few doors down the stay-at-home-dad has put out his "Kids at Play" sign and his kids are out on their scooters. (Wearing the requisite helmets.) Pretty soon the dog walkers will start up.

It's honestly like a little slice of the 50's up here.
That's so awesome. When I play outside with my niece at my mom's, she almost always the only kid outside. This is an area that I know has many kids, too. In my neighborhood, kids are outside a good bit, but it definitely isn't out of the 50's here.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
Party? Can I come? I finished shampooing all the upstairs carpets...all that's left is the stairs...not too sure how I'm going to accomplish that but it won't be today so I'm not even thinking about it. Went and returned the shoes....Zimbo, the selection of Keens was very limited. I'll have to run to REI next time I'm out and check them out there. Went to Kohl's, Home Depot and Walmart. Have handsful of paint samples to think about...meanwhile, a glass of wine sounds oh-so-very-good.....

FR - sorry about the tantrum...that does kinda suck when that happens....

Hopes - give the boys time and space - this is a great opportunity for both of them to learn some skills! <thinking how glad I am that's not me though .... LOL!>

Dew - a quiet evening reading sounds lovely to me...with all the Macaroni Grills around, I have never eaten there....not sure why....

Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yeah.....I don't know about that. I'm kinda allergic to grumpy teens. But...a party is a party, so I guess I'll take one for the team!
Well let's get going, because MissFR just woke up on the couch and said "I don't like you". Better a grumpy teen than a grumpy four year old. (I think. Maybe not).

Besides, I'll just regale him with stories from my antics in the 80's and he'll get bored and leave. Works like a charm!

mm, you can come too, but what shoes are you gonna wear, now that you took your cute ones back?

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 04-09-2011 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: To invite mm to the party at Hopes's House.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:24 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
Quote:
Well let's get going, because MissFR just woke up on the couch and said "I don't like you". Better a grumpy teen than a grumpy four year old. (I think. Maybe not).

Besides, I'll just regale him with stories from my antics in the 80's and he'll get bored and leave. Works like a charm!
I love listening to people's stories! I was a goody two shoes and don't have any....Not a goody two shoes in the way that was "I'm so much better than you" but more of a "I'm the kid who would get caught and my life would be ruined...so have fun and tell me all about it later"....

Old 04-09-2011, 05:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Quote:
But I was thinking, because your new kid gets a room with a computer and an xbox and a tv - perhaps instead of the Macaroni Grill I can come stay at your house? It sounds great. How many bedrooms ya got?
My daughter's room is temporarily available. And we have a full attic left, which is two more rooms. We have room for all of you if you bunk together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yeah! Let's all go to Hopes' house and play!
Let's party!

Quote:
Yeah! Hang on, wait... does she have any salt, or should I bring my own?
Sea salt. Is that good enough? You might want to bring a grinder though.

Quote:
We don't need a theme! Oh, wait! It's our "We're not too old to enjoy Rock n Roll" theme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
No need to take one for the team. I'll send them away! That's a great idea! Then there would be two more bedrooms available!

Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Well at least she's still being polite about it, and hasn't progressed to the "I hate you" yet!

Quote:
Haha! That's the whole point, right, scare the teens away (STTA). I, however, would love to hear about your antics in the 80's over a virgin margarita.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
No need to take one for the team. I'll send them away! That's a great idea! Then there would be two more bedrooms available!
Actually, then we have solved your problem for you. No more teens! Voila!

Old 04-09-2011, 05:28 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hopes - give the boys time and space - this is a great opportunity for both of them to learn some skills! <thinking how glad I am that's not me though .... LOL!>
The bullying thread has come to mind while I've worried about these boys. It's not that they're bullying each other. It's the fact they both need to learn the social and coping skills to adjust to this. I see this is a real positive opportunity for my son to get outside of his comfort zone. Of course, he sees it as prison because his only "safe" place now feels uncomfortable. But I think that might end up being a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I love listening to people's stories! I was a goody two shoes and don't have any....Not a goody two shoes in the way that was "I'm so much better than you" but more of a "I'm the kid who would get caught and my life would be ruined...so have fun and tell me all about it later"....
Oh, oh, oh! We will have a grand time currupting you with stories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting