Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 05:50 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times

Advertisements

OMGoodness! I can't keep up with this thread! It moves too fast when I'm busy!

Just popping in to say a quick hello! I hope everyone is doing well!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:52 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Morning, sunshines!

Just checking in before we head out to the Baby Sister Doctor, followed by more sucking water out of the carpet. Sigh. Looks like replacement may be necessary. LSE and I are flying solo for the rest of the week, as DH flew out for SF this morning.

How is everyone? Anyone doing anything exciting today? Are we all going to be cleaning the bathroom again??

Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Morning Ewag! Hi Hopes!

Sorry about your carpet Ewag. Hopefully you needed a new one anyway?

MissFR and I are going over to pick up the medical form for preschool from her doctor and then going over to the school to drop them off. Exciting stuff! However, we might find a moment to pop into one of the fabulous bakeries nearby for a cupcake on the way home. Or maybe the ice cream trolley.

It's just stunningly beautiful weather here at the moment. Fantastic. I feel for all of you who are still putting up with the horrid heat.

I missed the cleaning the bathroom thing. What fun euphemisms we have around here.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:59 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Morning all -

ewag - will insurance cover anything or no? I feel for you but now I'm worried about mold for you! Hope it works out.

Not doing anything exciting today. I probably should clean the bathrooms for real.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:58 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Are we all going to be cleaning the bathroom again??
Let us hope not.

Special thoughts today to you and Mrs. X!

Morning all.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:07 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
morning all. Kids are off to school, and I'm locking myself in the office with the shredder. TTYL

Old 08-30-2011, 09:13 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times
Morning all!

Ewag- sorry I left the middle of our convo abruptly last night. Mr. X and Toddler X were play fighting when Toddler X should have been sleeping which left me not very happy. They seemed to continue the play fighting even in their sleep because I woke up grumpy. But alas they are both at work and preschool. Now I can get my Maury fix and yell at the TV 'You are not the father!'. I rather watch Maury because as soon as my soaps are off the air I am boycotting the Chew and all other shows affiliated with ABC.

As for last nights questions, Toddler X is excited. He kisses my belly and says Hello Baby! When are you coming Baby? Ahh the last 6 weeks are always the worse! I am impatient and I hate waiting around for anything including the arrival of a baby. I always want to know who is it going to look like, wonder how big or little, and the opportunity to count the fingers and toes. I love fresh out the oven babies! And when I left the hospital with Toddler X I felt a twinge of sadness when I saw other moms coming in to give birth because I just wanted my baby to be really brand new even though he was two days old.

Ewag like Coop ask will insurance cover anything? If it doesn't save up for a nice remnant of carpet if you can't afford to buy a whole new one (dependent on how much carpeting you have to do). It is awful.

Fin you are now on my bad list! Between you, Dew and PSR talking about naughty food I wish we had a smiley that threw tantrums. I have to stick with Coops beets. :P

Hopes, good to see you again.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:18 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
What's the Chew and why are your boycotting ABC?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The Chew is a new show hosted by Mario Batalli which will be taking over the All My Children time slot. I love All My Children and been a faithful fan since my mom's egg and dad's sperm met. Yes I watched it faithfully from the womb while my mom rested and it continued there after. When I left to England I had to keep up through reading about it or my sisters telephone calls. I got hooked onto East Enders and Coronation Street. When I returned I went back to watching AMC and OLTL (One Life to Live). I am one of the faithful fans who are truly upset that they would cancel these shows. I am tired of reality telly. I do not need another food/talk show when I have Food Network and Cooking Channel. Sometimes I need escapism and Pine Valley provided just that.

ABC states not enough fans but they do not realize that today women are in the work force more than ever. They do not take account of women and even men who DVR AMC and OLTL who watch during their free time. Not everyone can watch at specific time slots nor are they keeping Soap Network.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm guessing she is referring to the goings on in Pine Valley and Llanview?
And yeah, I agree about yet another food show. Or design show. (Or, all the angels help us, another rerun of "House Hunters".)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting