Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the explanation Mrs. X. I don't blame you for being upset. I was never a big soap fan but I was hooked on Another World while I was in college.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Good Morning All!

How is everyone this morning?

I just had to fetch DS from school again with a high fever, now off to the ped...again. Not a great start to the school year.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
I'm guessing she is referring to the goings on in Pine Valley and Llanview?
And yeah, I agree about yet another food show. Or design show. (Or, all the angels help us, another rerun of "House Hunters".)
Its true! I rather take Pine Valley and Llanview any day of the week. Where can you go where you have unlimited access to men who want to marry you even though you been around the block 13 times? Where can you rise from the dead from devasting airplane crash, car crash, died and donated an organ but manage to come back two years later with another face? Where can you go that you use the ER as unlimited access for pregnancy tests, STDS, a bump on the head and not have to worry about medical bills? Where the house are big and massive with endless rooms that seem to house members of family you did not know existed? Where you slept around, had many kids and start to question whether your kid is sleeping with his or her cousin/sibling because the family line started to get lost? Where you can have mobster dads who always have your back and never go to jail for killing that bastard of an ex?

Pine Valley, Llanview and Port Charles baby!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:43 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Good Morning All!

How is everyone this morning?

I just had to fetch DS from school again with a high fever, now off to the ped...again. Not a great start to the school year.
Oh no! I hope he feels better soon.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:14 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning Ewag! Hi Hopes!

Sorry about your carpet Ewag. Hopefully you needed a new one anyway?

It's just stunningly beautiful weather here at the moment. Fantastic. I feel for all of you who are still putting up with the horrid heat.
Howdy, FR! Yeah, we were talking about replacing the carpet next year anyway - I'm just thankful it wasn't one of the rooms we just redid before moving in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
ewag - will insurance cover anything or no? I feel for you but now I'm worried about mold for you! Hope it works out.
Not sure yet - I have a call in to our homeowners - I have no experience at filing homeowners claims, so this should be an experience! DH's company's crisis management team may help to defray some expenses, though. I am right there with you with mold worries - especially since it's the room with all the kids' toys and where we hang out most of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Special thoughts today to you and Mrs. X!
Aw, thanks Dew - how are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Boo! When it rains it pours, so to speak? Hope he feels better soon!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Thanks guys! I always forget about this aspect of the beginning of the school year.

My first love will always be the Delta Blues which will never be the same with the passing of the legend David "Honeyboy" Edwards.

RIP David "Honeyboy" Edwards - YouTube

Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Morning all!

Ewag- sorry I left the middle of our convo abruptly last night. Mr. X and Toddler X were play fighting when Toddler X should have been sleeping which left me not very happy. They seemed to continue the play fighting even in their sleep because I woke up grumpy. But alas they are both at work and preschool. Now I can get my Maury fix and yell at the TV 'You are not the father!'. I rather watch Maury because as soon as my soaps are off the air I am boycotting the Chew and all other shows affiliated with ABC.

As for last nights questions, Toddler X is excited. He kisses my belly and says Hello Baby! When are you coming Baby? Ahh the last 6 weeks are always the worse! I am impatient and I hate waiting around for anything including the arrival of a baby. I always want to know who is it going to look like, wonder how big or little, and the opportunity to count the fingers and toes. I love fresh out the oven babies! And when I left the hospital with Toddler X I felt a twinge of sadness when I saw other moms coming in to give birth because I just wanted my baby to be really brand new even though he was two days old.

Ewag like Coop ask will insurance cover anything? If it doesn't save up for a nice remnant of carpet if you can't afford to buy a whole new one (dependent on how much carpeting you have to do). It is awful.

Fin you are now on my bad list! Between you, Dew and PSR talking about naughty food I wish we had a smiley that threw tantrums. I have to stick with Coops beets. :P

Hopes, good to see you again.
Not to worry - ugh, playing while sleep is supposed to be happening is no good! Last night I caught DS in my closet wearing a mismatched pair of my boots pretending to be a cowboy at 10pm. Cute but maddening all at the same time! Glad you have some down time this morning!!

Toddler X is the cutest! That is seriously too sweet! I love the talking to the tummy! DS is convinced that through my belly button is the way to communicate with DD. It's great that Toddler X is already asking when Baby X is coming to join you!

I'm right there with you on the impatient! And haha re: "fresh out of the oven babies!" - what a great description! We still have so much to do to prep, so I know I shouldn't rush it, and since this is probably our last baby I'm trying to enjoy all of the rolling around and such. Last night she was in rare form, responding to touch - anywhere we'd rub, you'd see a hand or foot about 5 seconds later - I think she's getting big! The whole pregnancy thing is so bittersweet - very exciting, very much a pain in the neck, wanting it to go faster and also last forever. Ah, no wonder pregnant women can be such an emotional mess! (well, speaking for myself anyway!)

Hee - now I'm wondering who DD is going to look like, if I'm finally going to get my red-head, what her personality will be...

Can't wait for Thursday to hear how things are going with Baby X!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Thanks Zim.

Got a bit of the walkin' blues myself this morning so.... perfect.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Morning all - thought I'd sneak in a quick hello....

Zimbo - sorry DS is feeling yucky..that is no fun....

Quote:
We still have so much to do to prep, so I know I shouldn't rush it, and since this is probably our last baby I'm trying to enjoy all of the rolling around and such. Last night she was in rare form, responding to touch - anywhere we'd rub, you'd see a hand or foot about 5 seconds later - I think she's getting big! The whole pregnancy thing is so bittersweet - very exciting, very much a pain in the neck, wanting it to go faster and also last forever. Ah, no wonder pregnant women can be such an emotional mess! (well, speaking for myself anyway!)

I so remember those feelings during my last pregnancy (which ended 18 years ago tomorrow!)....Enjoy what you can of it....

Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I so remember those feelings during my last pregnancy (which ended 18 years ago tomorrow!)....Enjoy what you can of it....
Aw, that actually makes me happy to know that I have a shot at remembering these things after the little ones are grown.

18 years old - what a milestone for both of you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting