Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 01:14 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times

Advertisements

I still don't get it....

Old 09-04-2011, 02:23 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Hopes, I am sure you will continue to handle the situation with class.

I am glad it is cooling off for some of you. It isn't too unbearably hot today, but the humidity is so bad it is almost hard to breathe.

I have a question for all of you. Do you ever see or hear a news story that even a couple of years later you can still remember all of the deatils because it is just so horrible? Fo some reason I cannot get this one out of my head. No bail for Florida man charged after baby thrown from car - CNN. It just makes me sick. Just living in the same area as this monster makes me feel dirty.
No kidding! It's even too humid to cook out. I'm slow-cooking ribs in the oven. Not quite as good, but at least I can continue to breathe.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
The new subfloor has been installed in half the downstairs! Progress is being made!

Old 09-04-2011, 04:31 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
No kidding! It's even too humid to cook out. I'm slow-cooking ribs in the oven. Not quite as good, but at least I can continue to breathe.
Just popping in to say - me too! I'm doing beef ribs in the oven.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:15 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Yay Hopes. Glad to hear there is progress.

Aconite, this humidity just isn't letting up. Ugh.

I decided to pop on here and brag on my kid for a minute. We were at a 2 year old's birthday party today. Lots of kids running around from 2 to 12. The Grandfather of the birthday boy is a 65 year old ex-Marine and is known for being pretty strict and just expecting kids to act well behaved at all times. I have known him for years and he is a really great guy. *DD calls him one of her grandfathers*. Anyways, as we were leaving, he pulled me aside to tell me that he thinks we are doing a great job because DD is the most well-mannered 6 year old he has ever met. That made me feel so good. Especially coming from him.

Of course then I come on here and see that another thread is becoming "all parents now try to be a friend instead of a parent". Grr.

On another good note though, I got to bring home a tray of cheese, crackers and salami that is going great with my wine.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:09 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Went to Cirque Du Soleil this afternoon. Just fabulous.

May I add that I am no longer even going to try to be nice in contentious threads. It's just not worth it.

Nummie - sweet story.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:55 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Went to Cirque Du Soleil this afternoon. Just fabulous.

May I add that I am no longer even going to try to be nice in contentious threads. It's just not worth it.

Nummie - sweet story.
I am glad you had fun.

to the bolded

Old 09-05-2011, 08:01 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
Morning, folks!

num - What a great story! I love getting compliments on the kiddo's behavior from people who are unlikely to compliment! Go, mom, go!

Zim - Glad you had fun yesterday!

Hope the heat and humidity breaks for those of you suffering through it.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Good morning all.....sorry about the heat and humidity....

Num - congrats to you on DD! That is a good feeling

Yes, I saw that we have another "all/most parents these days...." thread.... I'd love to know where these people are that they personally are able to observe "all" or even "most" parents....

Zim - glad you had such a great time yesterday....

Hopes - congrats on the subfloor - progress!

Not sure what I have on my plate today....I "should" go into the office and get some things done/organized but I don't know if I will follow through with that or not.... I need to plan meals for this week....and do laundry....Hoping the weather stays cool...I ventured outside for a bit yesterday and enjoyed it....Gave Macie a good brushing since she seems to be "blowing coat"...blech....

rkb - was over in your part of town yesterday for a bit...DD and I went to The Tattered Cover then over to Aspen Grove for a bit....just to walk around a bit. Don't think she was quite ready to leave....

Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Good morning! We are still waiting for the rain we were promised to arrive. Spotty showers since yesterday, but still not enough for the ground under the trees to get wet. But, EWAG, our heat has indeed broken, and it's a wonderful thing. I have some windows open right now, and they will stay open until DH starts to grumble about air-conditioning the outdoors.

At 6 my kids were good, but never "best in show" for manners Num. Well done to the little Num!

Zim, you picked a great weekend for an indoor activity. I think I read about another Cirque show coming this fall, maybe based on Michael Jackson music?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting