Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:03 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,233,932 times

Advertisements

if the kid bought the music from itunes then it should be able to be reinstated to the next mobile device.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 02:35 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
iTunes cards are a pretty typical gift in our house from family and friends- so usually my kids don't have to buy their songs since the account usually has plenty of money from the cards on it! We all share our iTunes account and we are able to sync different songs onto different iPods.

And ITA with the others- what you're doing is illegal and is no different than physically stealing a CD from a store.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:57 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Cool. So you won't mind posting your home address and telling us all where to find the key to the front door and the security alarm system code right? Cause, I could use some more laundry detergent, and I shouldn't have to pay for it, if I can get it from your house free.
c'mon over, laundry detergent is here !!

I have burned hundreds of CD's already, yup, I have no problem if my boys do either. I don't see a problem with it.

It is one of the best inventions ever made for us computer people.

*****sticks tongue out******

Old 03-29-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
if the kid bought the music from itunes then it should be able to be reinstated to the next mobile device.
and therefore if someone else down loads it, it was originally paid for. Just look at it as sharing music. I have something, and I will let you burn it, because I share and I am a nice person.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Yes, my kids absolutely purchase their music/movies/audiobooks, etc.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and therefore if someone else down loads it, it was originally paid for. Just look at it as sharing music. I have something, and I will let you burn it, because I share and I am a nice person.
Well I share my gummy bears too. I have no problem if someone buys a tune and then gives it to a few people. It's the filesharing sites that txt is referring to that irks me. A few friends is one thing. A few million is something else all together.

I guess you can have your flatscreen back.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:21 AM

[quote=FinsterRufus;18500700]Well I share my gummy bears too. I have no problem if someone buys a tune and then gives it to a few people. It's the filesharing sites that txt is referring to that irks me. A few friends is one thing. A few million is something else all together.

I guess you can have your flatscreen back. [/quote

thank you, but actually, I don't even have one to begin with.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

thank you, but actually, I don't even have one to begin with.
Wanna share mine?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:53 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well I share my gummy bears too. I have no problem if someone buys a tune and then gives it to a few people. It's the filesharing sites that txt is referring to that irks me. A few friends is one thing. A few million is something else all together.

I guess you can have your flatscreen back.
We only buy each song once. If the kids like the song they can each put them on their MP3 players/phones. But just giving them away is giving away someone else's property.

As a musician, with many friends who are musicians it pains me that so many people do not see stealing music as wrong.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
We only buy each song once. If the kids like the song they can each put them on their MP3 players/phones. But just giving them away is giving away someone else's property.

As a musician, with many friends who are musicians it pains me that so many people do not see stealing music as wrong.
Did you see the post where I stated this is how I earn my living? It's my property, and I don't have a problem with an individual buying it and sharing it with a couple of friends, like they would a book or a cd that they purchased.

Why don't you pay for both downloads of the song for your kids if you have that strict an opinion on it? By allowing one of them to have it without paying for it you are also giving away someone else's property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting