Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:16 PM

831 posts, read 1,582,782 times

Advertisements

[quote=MaryleeII;18561857]
I had not met the friend, nor her mother. They came by, I didn't met them. I violated my own rules. which are:

then you say in post 69

I knew MomA, although I didn't have a chance to speak with her that day, dd ran off in a hurry.

So do you know Mom A or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 04:18 PM

378 posts, read 576,793 times
Okay, that is an inconsistency.

Last edited by Smedskjaer; 04-05-2011 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 04-05-2011, 06:07 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Interesting,,,,,,now I'm making it all up

Just consider everything I said is true, and what would you do? Someone just runs off and leaves your dd and a friend alone in the mall, no concern whatsoever?

BTW, the parents of the other girl were quite upset, too.

In the past, I insisted on knowing every step of the way if my dd was on an outing, etc. Just this time I suppose I let my guard down. I knew MomA, although I didn't have a chance to speak with her that day, dd ran off in a hurry.

This little episode at the mall shows there's all kinds of parents out there, you can't just assume a parent is responsible because they're a parent. I plan to go back to my style of parenting, at least that way I never lost track of my child.
I never thought you were making this up. I think that was totally irresponsible of MomB, even if the girls said they had a ride or not. Like I said earlier, the girls might have thought it cool to hang out longer until the mall closed and they realized they needed a ride hom. Whatever the case, there was definitely a lack of communication from all of the moms. In the future, I'm sure you learned to know the who, what, where & when of your daughter's activities. None of us are perfect and have all been inconsistent w/ our parenting at one time or another.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:11 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Interesting,,,,,,now I'm making it all up

Just consider everything I said is true, and what would you do? Someone just runs off and leaves your dd and a friend alone in the mall, no concern whatsoever?

BTW, the parents of the other girl were quite upset, too.

In the past, I insisted on knowing every step of the way if my dd was on an outing, etc. Just this time I suppose I let my guard down. I knew MomA, although I didn't have a chance to speak with her that day, dd ran off in a hurry.

The reason I started off my post in a defensive manner is because my parenting has been so attacked on other thread, to the effedct I'm over protective, etc. I will continue to parent my way, regardless of what others think.

This little episode at the mall shows there's all kinds of parents out there, you can't just assume a parent is responsible because they're a parent. I plan to go back to my style of parenting, at least that way I never lost track of my child.
We are not talking about a five year old. A 13 year old girl at the mall with friends should be perfectly capable of calling home if her ride doesn't show or her friends leave for some reason.

First she called you frantic because her friends ran off and left her. Then a parent designated to pick them up showed up and said "no room for you in the car" and drove off...

Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,019 times
Marylee, there are just so many inconsistencies in your story that I'm having a hard time comprehending what actually happened. First, you say the two girls ran off from your daughter, but later, you say that the three girls were together when the mom drove off...? Also, do you know the mom or not? In one post you do, but in another, you don't...? What really happened? If you want advice (which I honestly don't think you do, but that's a different topic), you need to tell us the full story please!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Marylee, there are just so many inconsistencies in your story that I'm having a hard time comprehending what actually happened. First, you say the two girls ran off from your daughter, but later, you say that the three girls were together when the mom drove off...? Also, do you know the mom or not? In one post you do, but in another, you don't...? What really happened? If you want advice (which I honestly don't think you do, but that's a different topic), you need to tell us the full story please!
I called B.S. on the post first, what prize do I get?

I love internet mama drama. It's soap opera for the rest of us.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:16 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,504 times
If it walks like a duck...........

Old 04-06-2011, 06:50 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Verily and forsooth, quack.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Reading a thread from the OP is like playing the game Telephone. By the time you get to the 4th page you have a completely different story than that posted in the beginning.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Yeah I can remember hauling my daughters friends around when they were a little older than that and sometimes one or more of them would end up going somewhere else and it would be a-ok with everyone but me. I always worried about stuff like that. Still do. I'm glad that stage is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting