Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:35 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,667,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I personally meet other parents first, introduce myself, exchange information, I even have cards printed up
Cards printed up?

You sound a lot like my aunt. Her daughter is now 34 and still lives with mommy because she is too afraid to be out in the world on her own. She also goes from one relationship to another because nobody is ever good enough for her. They refuse to baby her and take care of her. Oh, did I mention she started sleeping around like there is no tomorrow once she started college?

I, on the other hand, was independent at a very young age. I used to go to the mall when I was young...all by my self. I used to buy my own clothes by myself. Go to school on my own.

I am now almost 27. I never did drugs, I don't drink, I don't smoke and I am extremely independent and resilient.

I am not saying what the other mother did was okay but your daughter sounds like she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she were on her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 04:38 PM

498 posts, read 1,452,357 times
Whoa lady, you're crazy if you think anyone is going to want to be friends with a kid with a parent like you.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:07 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,906,859 times
Didn't you guys read her OP?! Those are HER rules and she doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:55 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,706,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Didn't you guys read her OP?! Those are HER rules and she doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Which, of course, is why she posted here asking for peoples' opinions. It only makes sense, afterall.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:48 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,819,005 times
I feel like...When I was that age I was always somewhere without a ride for some reason. And my mom always came and got me. Not a big deal.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:54 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,259,901 times
So nothing from the OP since the 4/2, people have asked questions to no avail, doesn't this happen everytime with this OP?

Old 04-10-2011, 07:03 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,906,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
So nothing from the OP since the 4/2, people have asked questions to no avail, doesn't this happen everytime with this OP?
Yup- someone brings up inconsistencies that occur in her story and she never returns to the thread..

Old 04-10-2011, 10:40 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,476,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Yup- someone brings up inconsistencies that occur in her story and she never returns to the thread..
like, for example-
The whole point of her thread was that her daughter was left alone, but according to the below statement, she had a friend with her the entire time. It seems like quite a big exaggeration to me. When I was 13, sometimes I would be dropped off at the mall with friends and other times my mom would drop me off alone. She had a cell phone and a friend with her. I do agree though that the mom should have been more responsible, but I think the OP's authoritarian parenting style is not the best way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
The other girl who was left my dh brought home when he picked up dd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting