Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The author seems pretty extreme to me.

This "sexy" eight-year-old apparently wore:
  • Cornrows - OH NO! Braids!
  • A midriff top - Not the end of the world, nor even particularly new. I wore midriff-baring tops in the 70s, when I was a kid. (Compare them to the extremely skimpy, underpants-are-pretty-much-always-showing dresses that little girls wore in the 60s and earlier.)
  • A tan - Saints preserve us!
  • Earrings - Were they Playboy bunny symbols? Or just "dangly," like the author says?
  • Lip gloss - Not eyeliner or mascara or rouge ... lip gloss.
  • And Juicy sweatpants, resting "a little low on the waist" - The "icing on the cake," as the author says. Making this little girl the "sexiest girl in the airport." The guy sounds like a perv, frankly.
I agree that "Juicy" sweats are questionable, but I don't know if I have seen little girls with the logo on the butt. I ran a quick Google search for "Juicy sweatpants girls size 12" (just guessing an 8-year-old's size) and didn't find ANYTHING with a logo'd butt. I did see a pair saying "Kiss my Couture" on one leg, as well as "Juicy" on the leg, but no Juicy backsides. So the whole scenario could simply be hysteria over nothing.
When I started reading the article, I thought he sounded like a sick pervert.

I looked up the name because it was initials to see if it was a man or woman (not realizing the gay man in the video was the author).

There was something sick about the way he described the situation----like the article was self-therapy for his issues.

Last edited by Hopes; 04-21-2011 at 09:52 AM..

Old 04-21-2011, 02:06 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Tramp is a derogatory word for WOMEN.

Women in this thread are taking issue with pushup bras being associated with tramps.

Intelligent women should be offended since a significant percentage of the adult female population wear push up bras and aren't tramps, nor look like tramps.

No. It's not making them look like tramps. Their grandmothers might wear pushup bras. Their grandmothers aren't likely to be tramps.

Now, if they were only wearing thongs, pasties and 6" heels, they'd be dressing like strippers.

Push up bras are making them look too mature or too sexy for their age. That's exactly what it's doing. And certainly it's inappropriate for pre-teens.

But they aren't dressing like tramps, strippers, prostitutes, etc.
Semantics....

Call a spade a spade....

A preteen in a pushup bra, makeup and short shorts is being made to look like a TRAMP by their parents..

TRAMP is a derogatory word, it equals prostitute, 'ho, whatever term you please...it also describes a real segment of the female population that dresses a certain way to attract male attention for the purpose of sexual relations....THAT IS THE DEFINITION.....and that's what they look like...

I don't care what percentage of ADULT females wear push up bras, if you put a preteen that doesn't even have the need of a bra into a push up, the sole purpose of which is to PRODUCE AND ENHANCE CLEAVAGE YOU ARE MAKING YOUR CHILD LOOK LIKE A TRAMP....

Old 04-21-2011, 02:32 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
This quickly turned from a discussion about an article about little girls wearing clothing much too sexual for their ages into a fight about semantics.

A woman who wears a push up bra, stilletto heels and a low cut blouse to a romantic dinner with her husband - not a tramp. A woman who wears those things to a 9am meeting with her daughter's teacher - tramp. A woman who sunbathes nude in her own fenced in, private yard - not a tramp. A woman who sunbathes nude on her front porch, across the street from a home where she KNOWS teenage boys live - tramp.

So - those are examples of the differences. Despite the semantics battle, we all know girls/women who dress inappropriately. It's nice that so many of you are so non-judgmental that the thought "tramp" never enters your mind. Frankly, my son had a wonderful kindergarten teacher, but even SHE referred to the tattoo on her back as a "Tramp stamp" and was something she was saving up to have removed - a college mistake.

It's strange though that some of those same posters declaring themselves to be so non-judgmental about THIS subject have indeed proven themselves, by virtue of previous postings, to be extremely judgmental about other topics.

As the author of the article the OP referred to stated, little girls who dress in a sexually inappropriate manner do so not because that is THEIR choice, but rather because their mothers allow it. The same mothers who declare that THEIR "children will never *fill in the blank*" also state that their daughters choose their own clothing, therefore it is the child's fault. Blame the "bad", take credit for the "good". Typical.

Last edited by sskkc; 04-21-2011 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: add

Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Semantics....

Call a spade a spade....

A preteen in a pushup bra, makeup and short shorts is being made to look like a TRAMP by their parents..

TRAMP is a derogatory word, it equals prostitute, 'ho, whatever term you please...it also describes a real segment of the female population that dresses a certain way to attract male attention for the purpose of sexual relations....THAT IS THE DEFINITION.....and that's what they look like...

I don't care what percentage of ADULT females wear push up bras, if you put a preteen that doesn't even have the need of a bra into a push up, the sole purpose of which is to PRODUCE AND ENHANCE CLEAVAGE YOU ARE MAKING YOUR CHILD LOOK LIKE A TRAMP....
Please do not use the word prostitute as it is offensive. They are sexual workers.

Also please do not refer to dancers as strippers. They are exotic dancers.

Gotta keep it pc you know.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:58 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
closed for mod review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting