Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 PM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I don't think I'm wrong about what they're about. If they're not about women's "hooters", then why isn't there any male wait staff? You could dress the guys in tight shorts and ref shirts.

At my old job, 2 of the younger women went to Hooters to apply for part time work. Both very pretty women. One was told that her boobs were great but she's too short. The other was told that she's gorgeous but doesn't have big enough boobs. Hmmmmmm......... Wonder what they're all about???

Also, I know of no restaurant where the wait staff sit at your table and talk with you or fawn all over someone's husband/boyfriend.

Yes, they put themselves out there as a "sports bar/restaurant" but it's definitely NOT a "family" place.
Maybe the one I went to is not as wild as some. Maybe they go according to "standards" of whatever community they are in. Just a thought. I did think the shorts & T shirts were tacky, but I've seen more flesh when women at the office with short skirts swung around spreadeagled in swivel chairs. Or the girl I embarrassed when I turned a corner, passed by her desk while she had her dress up to her waist, mending a run with whiteout. She nearly died & couldn't face me for a month afterward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Maybe the one I went to is not as wild as some. Maybe they go according to "standards" of whatever community they are in.
I think the difference is more at the individual level than the community level. Every community large enough to have a Hooters has its share of prudes and non-prudes.

Again, I wouldn't go in there unless I had money to burn, but there are worse things in the world to see than pretty girls in Hooters uniforms, whatever age you are.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I don't think I'm wrong about what they're about. If they're not about women's "hooters", then why isn't there any male wait staff? You could dress the guys in tight shorts and ref shirts.

At my old job, 2 of the younger women went to Hooters to apply for part time work. Both very pretty women. One was told that her boobs were great but she's too short. The other was told that she's gorgeous but doesn't have big enough boobs. Hmmmmmm......... Wonder what they're all about???

Also, I know of no restaurant where the wait staff sit at your table and talk with you or fawn all over someone's husband/boyfriend.

Yes, they put themselves out there as a "sports bar/restaurant" but it's definitely NOT a "family" place.
At some of them, the girls aren't all especially well endowed. Really I think you should just stop in one and have lunch or dinner before you think they're awful places. They aren't strip clubs or anything remotely similar. Maybe at 11 pm like the other poster said but no one takes kids out at 11 pm but I would suspect that's the customers that have had one too many more than the employees.

Like I said, before I went to one, I had a different image of what they were about. The waitresss wore shorts and tight t-shirts but that was the extent of it. They weren't acting sleazy or anything. None of the customers were acting sleazy, they were looking at the televisions watching the game that was on.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:03 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
Would you take your children to a Hooters Restaurant? I have two boys-12 and 7. We go out to eat quite frequently in the summer. They opened a Hooters a couple of months ago, and that is one of the few restaurants that we haven't eaten at (besides expensive 5-star ones). I'm kinda leery about taking them-my inlaws almost had a heart attack when I mentioned it. I have driven past and know it's mostly men there (it's also next to a Harley-Bike dealership, and the majority of the men seem to be bikers. I don't want to seem like I don't approve of them....it's just the whole male atmosphere around beer....with language perhaps....). The women do wear short shorts and tight tops. My husband says that the kids see skimpier on the beach....it's a restuarant and not a bar....I don't quite know why I am so leery about it.

Would you take your children there, or am I right to be uncomfortable?
I would not take my child there and she is a female. I def would not take my sons there. Do you want them to see women more as a pair of boobs walking towards them then real people??

Old 02-07-2011, 10:05 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I would not take my child there and she is a female. I def would not take my sons there. Do you want them to see women more as a pair of boobs walking towards them then real people??

I would want them to see just because your working as a waitress and your outfit happens to be sexy, doesnt mean you should be looked down on. They are real people, all flesh, blood and boobs.
I dont get why too many women are prudish.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM

419 posts, read 868,692 times
I wouldn't take my kids. There are so many good restaurant choices in my area; why bother with Hooters? I'll leave that place to the lonely men in search of a little titillation.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:22 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
I wouldn't take my kids. There are so many good restaurant choices in my area; why bother with Hooters? I'll leave that place to the lonely men in search of a little titillation.
I have to agree, in that Hooters' food is overrated. While I have no problem with the waitresses, I DO have a problem with overpaying for mediocre wings.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:25 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
This is an old thread. lol. I would not take my son there. Not that I think the waitresses are too sexy because I have been in a Hooters and didn't find their outfits to be all that taboo. I have seen worse at summer festivals. But pretty much the masking of something that is meant to be sexual. Just like if there was a restaurant that was called Wieners and the wait staff were men wearing tight shorts with a hot dog logo on the front of their trousers. If I had a daughter I wouldn't be taking her to a place like that either (if such existed).

Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM

3 posts, read 2,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
Would you take your children to a Hooters Restaurant? I have two boys-12 and 7. We go out to eat quite frequently in the summer. They opened a Hooters a couple of months ago, and that is one of the few restaurants that we haven't eaten at (besides expensive 5-star ones). I'm kinda leery about taking them-my inlaws almost had a heart attack when I mentioned it. I have driven past and know it's mostly men there (it's also next to a Harley-Bike dealership, and the majority of the men seem to be bikers. I don't want to seem like I don't approve of them....it's just the whole male atmosphere around beer....with language perhaps....). The women do wear short shorts and tight tops. My husband says that the kids see skimpier on the beach....it's a restuarant and not a bar....I don't quite know why I am so leery about it.

Would you take your children there, or am I right to be uncomfortable?
I actually found your post while searching for my own ! Anyways : tell your knuckle-head of a husband that the BEACH is a place where most everyone is wearing SWIM wear, or stuff that s appropriate for sitting in the sand. Its not a place where one group of ppl gathers to drool and ogle a small , select group putting their body parts on display.

One can go to any beach, any time and see men and women age 1-99 in skimpy attire. be they white or black, tall or short, young or old, fat or skinny . they ALL are dressed for the beach.

The point is that at Hooters you arent in a swimsuit and your husband isnt in boxers. he wants YOU AND HIM to go there fully dressed while he eyes chicks that are 1/4 dressed

Way to go !

Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 PM

3 posts, read 2,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I have never seen anything more daring or exhibitive at a Hooters than what i have observed in the Mall. In fact, the River Center Mall in San Antonio has a Hooters that is open to the mall concourse so just walking in and out of the mall at that entrance will expose the entire Hooters dining area to the visitor.

My experiences with Hooters is primarily takeout, but I have had opportunity to observe the patrons and workers in several Hooters over the years. Most of the crowd is college age to mid 40's and although mostly men, a number of guests are women. The tshirts worn by the staff are not out of character with those worn by most women in public except for the Hooters advertising. The shorts are mostly very tight and about the same size as most athletic shorts. I have not observed any daisy dukes or slit side shorts as I have on high school girls in the mall. The workers also wear heavy opaque hosiery under the shorts, unlike the typical female short wearer in the mall.

I do not know that I would consider Hooters in the same category as true family dining, but it is not much different than the food court at the mall except that there is no playscape nearby and the shorts are orange.

TRUE; except the women you see at the food court in the mall are random customers. Theyre at the mall hangin out ; doing their own thing, chilling with each other. They arent leaning over your table, their milk jugs in your face, smiling and winking in the hopes of fat tips. And there in lies the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting