Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 11:52 PM

162 posts, read 883,775 times

Advertisements

We are driving down the street and there are girls, about 10 years old in the road. I say "Kids"...my son says, "They really need some makeup they look weird"...what has the world come to that my 10 year old boy thinks it's odd to see a 10 year old girl without makeup on?....are our kids growing up to fast??? I think so. I personally wasn't allowed to wear makeup "in real life" until I was 15. I think we are doing our kids a disservice by allowing them to grow up to fast and to "look weird" when they look like they should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 02:39 AM

99 posts, read 218,949 times
Maybe if parents didn't give their 8 year old kids TV's in their rooms and ate normal meals with them they wouldn't be growing up so darn fast. I see parents now letting their kids loose on the internet when they're so young with no supervision, it's ridiculous. I think the influx of technology into our lives has really left parents with no idea how to handle it and I think more than anything, that's what is contributing to this.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,446,034 times
I don't see many 10 year old girls wearing makeup -- who knows why kids say things sometimes? Maybe you wear make up and he's just making that comment because he thinks you might think they look weird because you use make up and they don't? Or he's decided because older girls wear make up and girls his age don't that girls his age are weird. Maybe he's just noticing a difference between older girls and younger girls? Or some girl he knows is using make up at age 10 and says she wears it so she doesn't look weird?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:13 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,803,994 times
When I was 6 a boy came up to me and said "Your legs are really hairy I can't believe you don't shave them" This was in the 90's. Just because a bratty little boy says something doesn't mean the girl has to do it.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,926,945 times
Sure hope you had a talk with your son about the comment he made.....

Old 04-22-2011, 10:40 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,211,552 times
I could be wrong, but I don't think your son litterally meant the girls s/b wearing makeup. I think it was his was of saying they were ugly and he didn't want to come right out and say that. Like jkcoop said, I hope you took the time to talk to him about his comment.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:57 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,685,465 times
LOL...I do hear what you're saying and agree that provocative clothing and makeup should be avoided in kids....no makeup until high school (or at LEAST very minimum), but it's funny how things have changed. Not so many years ago, those girls would have been darn near marrying age. LOL In some cultures and countries, they still are!

Old 04-22-2011, 09:30 PM

162 posts, read 883,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think your son litterally meant the girls s/b wearing makeup. I think it was his was of saying they were ugly and he didn't want to come right out and say that. Like jkcoop said, I hope you took the time to talk to him about his comment.

Maybe!! I did talk to him about it, as I talk to him about everything. I'm trying my hardest to raise good kids!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting