Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:23 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It been (over) TWO YEARS?

I'd say "getting a little old" is the wrong tense.
And all of a sudden the mother is NOT working? Hmmmm coulda swore that last month we heard all about how she IS working. Wow.... how stories change. Now, mother and brother are doing nothing! Hmmm so brother dropped out of school then?

Okay...back to the kitchen. Prawns to finish peeling for my very appreciative 21 yr old sailor who is home on leave. You know, the one who IS on his own and doing something with his life? Poor guy hasn't had excellent fresh seafood for a while...so he bought some for mom to cook up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 03:40 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
And all of a sudden the mother is NOT working? Hmmmm coulda swore that last month we heard all about how she IS working. Wow.... how stories change. Now, mother and brother are doing nothing! Hmmm so brother dropped out of school then?

Okay...back to the kitchen. Prawns to finish peeling for my very appreciative 21 yr old sailor who is home on leave. You know, the one who IS on his own and doing something with his life? Poor guy hasn't had excellent fresh seafood for a while...so he bought some for mom to cook up.
She sometimes helps make websites and gets paid over pay pal.
And he has tonsillitis and hasn't been going to school, yet he goes out every night with his friends and can make out with a different girl each week on the couch.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:06 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,385 times
This is a thread that I have not kept up with very much and I have 10 minutes until Im off so Im not reading 28 pages of replys. But from what I have read (page 24-28) txtqueen if home life is so miserable why dont you leave? I moved out at 18 and I was only making 8.50 an hour. If your that upset at home there are other options.

Again sorry if im repeating just though I'd add my own 2 cents in before I go home for the day.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:30 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Txtqueen, while I think Momma_bear has good advice, I think you should keep it in your mind but not live as if it's fact just yet.
Most men in their early 20s are ready for more of a commitment than the "friends with benefits" scenario depicted here. Men who say they are "not ready" mean they are not ready for YOU. They would be ready for Ms. Right.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Okay...back to the kitchen. Prawns to finish peeling for my very appreciative 21 yr old sailor who is home on leave.
You must be so proud! I am dreading my son leaving for USNA this summer.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I am Momma....I really am. He made a decision, followed through and it's been so good for him. Bootcamp was really hard, because he'd never been away from home much and in BC, you're wondering if they're making it, how they're doing, if they're getting sick, passing all of their tests, losing their MINDS! LOL It seemed like forEVER before he got to make his first call and write his first letter.

Now that he's out and on a ship, we talk to him every day if he's in port, but if he's out on the water, it can be a couple of weeks. I'm proud of yours too Momma. Tell him to keep his head on, make his meetings, keep his weight under control and exercise, exercise, exercise. The better shape you're in when you head into BC the easier things are...by far! Oh, tell him to practice making beds and folding laundry ..... military style! LOL

Old 01-02-2012, 07:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
And what consequences might those be?
If my mom sets none, then what would they be?

And I had just turned 21 when I met him and started spending the night over there, my mom never said anything about it and she never told me no.
Then quit your bitchin'! It sounds like you do whatever you want. You hang out with your friends. You spend the night at some guy's place, who isn't even your boyfriend, and she doesn't try to stop you. If you stay over there on a regular basis, and she doesn't say anything, WHY for the love of all that is holy, are you still complaining about what her rules were 4 years ago???????

Old 01-02-2012, 07:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Naval Academy? That's awesome!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Congratulations to him AND you. That's not something that is accomplished in a vacuum.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Naval Academy? That's awesome!
Thanks. He is very excited. I am proud of him, but as Beachmel says, I worry about him surviving Plebe Summer (like bootcamp).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting