Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,393 times

Advertisements

It's unfortunate when you see a child being mistreated, but it's kind of a helpless situation when there's nothing you can do because the child isn't actually being abused. I've been in stores and heard parents cursing their kids out, yelling, threatening...and I wanted more than anything to butt in and tell them to behave like the adult they're supposed to be...but there was nothing I could do or say because whether I like it or not, or approve or not, parents can talk to their kids however they want.

In this situation though, seeing as it happened at a school bus stop, I think you did the right thing. True enough, albeit sad enough, this guy can scream at his poor son all he wants in his own home, but he does not have the right to act like an a$$ in front of other children at a bus stop.

And since these are your neighbors, and you know the dad has a temper, I would definitely be on alert for any real signs of abuse. Any injuries to that kid, even if he says he fell out of a tree or off his bike or whatever, I would be calling CPS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 05:26 AM

247 posts, read 498,524 times
thanks for all the help....ill be making sure i have a close eye on the bus stop for now on to make sure i dont see anything else happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting