Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 05:31 PM

247 posts, read 497,576 times

Advertisements

youre young, and AS a young person i can say getting a hard to reverse if not impossible procedure is ridiculous. yes, i understand you dont want children. my aunt knew since she was 17 that she didnt want children but she didnt take any drastic measures such as the one you are suggesting. im not sure how you feel about marriage but what if you get married one day? a lot of things will change. i cant tell you how many people i know that have had their 'deadset' views changed because of marriage or finding that special someone. aside from that, youre a teenager. you dont need to be making decisions like CF vs children decisions right now. ultimately the decision is yours but as long as you dont want children wrap it up, make sure shes on some type of BC & practice safe sex.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:35 PM

50,171 posts, read 63,623,198 times
I think in some cases you never stop worrying, or having your heart broken by your children, so it's possible your're right.
I have experienced great joy by having my children, but there are some who continue to be a burden of worry forever. I cannot say whether or not I would have chosen to have them or not.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:53 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,760,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymanero View Post
The human race is in no danger of dying out. When you have children, you'd be devoting the rest of your life to providing for them. I'm too selfish for that. And when you think of all the women who trap men into paying child support for 18 years, the childfree life sounds like a very viable option. Have you noticed that women use children like pawns? I've made myself sick just thinking about it.

I'd much rather have a vasectomy and play the field my whole life. When I turn 18, (only 7 months from now) I will be legally entitled to that.

What do you think?
This does not make your selfish because you chose not to have the child. Its a choice. Vasectomy is a good option.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,099,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I turned 50 two weeks ago. I've been married 20 years, to my one and only husband. I got my tubes tied 5 years after our wedding, because hubby was a wuss and wouldn't let anyone touch his junk with a knife
so your were 35? That seems reasonable. By then you are almost of "advanced maternal age" anyway. If I didn't have any by 35, I'd probably have done something permanent too.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:05 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,482,605 times
I'm not about to read through all these posts, but why are we beating this dead horse again?

If you don't want kids, don't have them. But don't come to a parenting forum questioning our choices either. If you don't want to be judged, then don't judge those who chose differently than you. You don't see me on a CF forum demanding to know why NOT have kids, explaining and rationalizing my decision to have them, and why it's such a bad idea to be CF. Really, we respect your decision. Don't have kids. Nobody cares, really. Now let's move on.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:11 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,706,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
so your were 35? That seems reasonable. By then you are almost of "advanced maternal age" anyway. If I didn't have any by 35, I'd probably have done something permanent too.
I had been on the Pill since I was 15, and I was a smoker at the time. The ob/gyn said 35 was my cut-off; either I quit smoking, or she'll stop prescribing the Pill.

I tried the cervical cap (I don't think you can even get those anymore), and it was messy and unpleasant. Condoms were out of the question, since I hadn't ever had kids I couldn't use an IUD, and if I got grossed out by the cap, I certainly wasn't going to bother with a diaphram. And so - I got my tubes tied.

It didn't stop me from "parenting" other peoples' kids. I just had no interest in my own permanent parenting situation. I wouldn't have even *considered* getting my tubes tied when I was still a teenager; the idea didn't even dawn on me until I was almost 30.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 PM

43 posts, read 131,915 times
Default !

I admit it - I'm too lazy to read through all these posts. I'm guessing some drama went down? Someone care to re-cap for me? Lol.

But seriously - to the OP (and Sailormoon Princess Cancer girl for that matter..) buzz off!

This is the PARENTING forum. NOT the child-free forum. Don't flippin' come on here and question our decision to have children. (Most of us) have children because WE WANT THEM. We feel fulfilled by our children. We love our children. Our children are blessings, NOT burdens.

We get it. You feel children are a hindrance to your life-style. But to us, children enhance our life-style. And stop asking us to explain WHY. You will NEVER, EVER get it unless you have children that you genuinely love and care for. There's your anwser.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,451,844 times
I have 4 year old cousins. I like seeing them. But by the end of the day, I'm ready to give them back to my uncle.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:40 PM

129 posts, read 335,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHunny View Post
I admit it - I'm too lazy to read through all these posts. I'm guessing some drama went down? Someone care to re-cap for me? Lol.

But seriously - to the OP (and Sailormoon Princess Cancer girl for that matter..) buzz off!

This is the PARENTING forum. NOT the child-free forum. Don't flippin' come on here and question our decision to have children. (Most of us) have children because WE WANT THEM. We feel fulfilled by our children. We love our children. Our children are blessings, NOT burdens.

We get it. You feel children are a hindrance to your life-style. But to us, children enhance our life-style. And stop asking us to explain WHY. You will NEVER, EVER get it unless you have children that you genuinely love and care for. There's your anwser.
I did not post here, I posted this in the relationship section, but some buffoon decided to move it.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymanero View Post
I did not post here, I posted this in the relationship section, but some buffoon decided to move it.
What's next, asking the Fashion forum about immigration? Post in the correct forum next time, kiddo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.