Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:41 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
My sister is always telling her son that if things dont work out you can come home , this man is 38 yrs old and has a daughter that does not live with him and he has two failed marriages . Well he lives with a young woman who is 36 , she does not have family close by . I tell her that she needs to be more like her mother in law who tells her kids , No sir you go back and work it out . She says she cannot be that kind of mother . Well she now has her daughter who has been married twice as well and is married to a man in prison in another state living with her too . So here she is 73 and has her 38 yr old son and her 43yr old daughter living with her . what do you think of this ? Im ashamed of my sister coddling her adult kids like this and I am also mad at them for sponging off their mother and her allowing it . I tell her to kick them out and make them get their own place . Well a couple of days ago the sons gf 's mom was in town and went over to my sisters to talk to her 38 yr old son . This gfs mother told my sister that none of her kids are capable of having a meaningful relationship and that she was part of the problem . My sister thought that was outrageous of that girls mom to come and say such things about her baby boy , he has done nothing wrong . I just looked at her and wonder how we come from the same set of parents .What say the rest of you ? Is she coddling and babying her kids or what ?

Its called lazy parenting..I have older kids too..My son is 22 and I do help him out..but he does for me too. If he needs gas money to get to work I will do give it to him.Sometimes their bills are over their monthy budget. I do for him because he takes care of his family, I see how responsible he is. He wasn't raised to be lazy.
My daughter is 20 she just recently moved back in with me, I make her pay rent, and she has no problem helping out financially.
If you teach your kids responsibility than they will achieve in life.
My 16 and 18 year old sons are in high school and they have no choice but to get jobs, fulltime during the summer and part time during school.
If they are 19 and still at home, then they have to pay rent.
Your sister has a very dysfunctional family..meaning her and her kids, most likely they will mount to nothing if they continue on this destructive path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 07:35 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
man ppl read things into posts that are not there .
this sounds familiar!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:36 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
My post is rude because I suggest that you mind your own business? It's much more rude that you post your sister's laundry on a random Internet forum.
Well let's just shut down all C-D forums right now!

It's not like we know who her sister is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting