Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you use one of those leashes on you child(ren)??
Yes, they're practical and keep my child from wandering off. 40 53.33%
No, they're constricting and undignified. 21 28.00%
I'm on the fence about them. 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I find it HIGHLY suspect that a THREE YEAR OLD would say this:

well suspect on...but it doesnt change what was said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
That IS what was said by the little girl.
Then maybe you should have written that and not what you originally did.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:06 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
well suspect on...but it doesnt change what was said
IF it was said. Which I sincerely doubt.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:08 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,229 times
Let's see how well you do when you're not pregnant anymore and you have to control:
infant
1 yo stepson
Neice.

By yourself. In public. You think you've got it all figured out, huh?

Before I was a parent, I was a DAMN GOOD ONE!!!!!

I also said I'd never:

Go to McDonalds
But fruit roll ups
Let them eat off the floor
Bottle feed
Eat processed foods
Eat candy before they were 5

And the list goes on and on....Boy was I delusional!

Talk to us, honey, after you've had a few....I've got 4 and still have a S**t ton to learn.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Just for the record, my 3 year old son WANTS one of those harnesses, because it's got a monkey on it. To him, it's a cool backpack...he said nothing about the public humiliation he's suffer and the subsequent years of therapy he'd have to endure.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
DUH to you! You've obviously never had TWO children at a time in a public space, like a mall. One child distracts you, and the other runs off and hides. Mind you, toddlers have no sense of danger. Now before you tell me that your toddler niece is afraid say, of the vaccuum cleaner, let me remind you of what I said: no sense of danger. A toddler doesn't know it's dangerous to run off and hide. You may even play such a game at home. Plus, toddlers don't have much sense of direction. You may be in children's clothing at a mall store, and all of a sudden your child is in furniture and has NO idea how to get back.
Thus why a parent shouldnt bite off more than they can handle. Why would I take 2 small children out in a huge place where ANYTHING could happen if I cant handle them???
(Fixed the quote)

What do you consider a "huge" place? A grocery store? A department store in a small mall? Is a mom supposed to stay home all day with the kids and wait until her husband gets home so she can go grocery shopping, or to a doctor's appointment? (For example) Should a mom be able to take her older child to a class at a rec center, whatever, if she has to take a younger one along? Should the oldest have to wait until the youngest can be trusted completey w/o stroller, leash, whatever to go out? Think about it.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Let's see how well you do when you're not pregnant anymore and you have to control:
infant
1 yo stepson
Neice.

I also said I'd never:

Go to McDonalds
But fruit roll ups
Bottle feed
Eat processed foods

Talk to us, honey, after you've had a few....I've got 4 and still have a S**t ton to learn.
Everytime my husband says - we aren't going to allow that or our child won't behave that way - I always say - you never know! It's easy to say how you can do everything so much better when you haven't been in the other person's shoes.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
infant
1 yo stepson
Neice.

I also said I'd never:

Go to McDonalds
But fruit roll ups
Bottle feed
Eat processed foods

Like I said I would take all of them at once as I know I couldnt handle it and would be in pver my head.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:14 PM

I totally keep my mouth shut these days...with 4 you never know what they'll do.

When people ask me why we have 4, I tell them (like Bill Cosby said) because we don't want 5!!!

Old 06-17-2011, 02:14 PM

So im getting off the computer now because I have a life outside of City Data. Ill reply to all of you on Monday. TTYL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting