Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:50 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
To be honest, given the way their lives are structured, I really wonder why they keep having kids. I just shake my head. It's their life, not mine so I guess I'll leave them to it. I agree on no male figure in their lives but visiting us once a month isn't going to help there. I'm not sure what can be done there. Dss earns a very nice paycheck but that's all he is to her and the kids. A visiting paycheck. He pays the bills and is around every few weekends for a couple of days. Other than that, they talk on the phone. The economy being what it is, I don't see him getting a 9-5 job any time soon. Given he's not around, I don't get her spreading herself so thin but this is what she insists on. They argue about every baby and then they have one. Her argument is he should let her have as many as she wants because he's not here raising them anyway. I just scratch my head.... It's their life to live not mine.
From your original post:

//www.city-data.com/forum/paren...child-who.html

Quote:
My step son and his wife had baby #5 back in March. ******** (They are planning #6 BTW)
I hestitate to ask, but WHY would your stepson be planning for #6 given he is not around. If he is not around, why the heck does he want another one?

Old 06-23-2011, 07:54 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
This is one of my problems. People think that because I can deal with a class of 30 11th graders I should be able to deal with 4 pre/grade school children. NO SO. Totally different can of worms. The only way I can deal with all four is to have my girls each take two. I have two kids for a reason. I couldn't handle 5.
she's only asking you to take 2 at a time!!!

Quote:
Actually, I'd love to spend time with the kids. I just don't want to spend time with their mother and I don't want to get sucked into a rotating schedule where I have grandchildren expecting me to come when I know my life won't allow that after the summer.
Everyone knows you are a teacher and have to go back to work including your DIL. There is NO REASON you can't do this for the summer, then cut back or stop. NO REASON. I pointed that our pages ago, but you ignored it.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Thread is closed at OP request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting