Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 01:37 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times

Advertisements

I don't think I've ever rolled my eyeballs so much as I have in this thread and what this kid has got to say....

He seems to have all the answers everyone and we all are just killing our kids with the food we feed them.

We are all beating our head against a brick wall with this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
You can revoke my standing in the mother of the year running, because my husband ran out and got the family kolaches this morning. We DID have strawberries and grapes, though. BUT!!! OMG! He gave them some doughnut holes.
You had me at kolaches.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
They may not need 3 hot meals a day, but it would be nice and make them more healthy. These days anyone who doesn't pop pills or have borderline diabetes or cholesterol is considered "healthy" but most people are deficient in something. Their body has learned to accept less and because of that they demand less and parents, even the knowledgable well-meaning ones don't realize the lack of nourishment we get.

Lol..Now stop it with the How to feed your kids...its making everyone laugh...

Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
I don't talk about fast food and all that because we already know we're the fattest nation, but the solution is more good food at home, not toss the idea of more time spent on food preparation because we 'don't have the time' or 'energy' if that's the case, then u should keep ordering that fries and burger or carrot sticks and celery, but to me that doesn't cut it. Of those several small meals, wouldn't it be nice if 3 of them were cooked?
no. no it wouldn't.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I don't think I've ever rolled my eyeballs so much as I have in this thread and what this kid has got to say....

He seems to have all the answers everyone and we all are just killing our kids with the food we feed them.

We are all beating our head against a brick wall with this thread.

I haven't laughed so hard...I had tears coming down my eyes..I was hoping the OP would help me with my grocery bill..

Old 06-27-2011, 01:42 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Yes. I agree that a lot of people don't get the nourishment that they need. Do you realize though that the nourishment is actually absorbed in the body better if you eat smaller meals spread out through-out the day? Eating 3 large meals is worse for you than eating 6 small meals.
But we're so busy, how to we have 6 small meals? U mean like:

1, cereal
2, coffee/donut
3, wrap sandwich
4, beer and cheetos
5, chicken and dumplings
6, fruit and yogurt

I say that looks ok. I prefer 3 big meals though because neither of those 6 will satisfy me. The 3rd shouldn't be to late in the day, the 4th meal (late taco bell drive thru) is a good concept for those who are active.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:

1, cereal
2, coffee/donut
3, wrap sandwich
4, beer and cheetos
5, chicken and dumplings
6, fruit and yogurt

I say that looks ok. I prefer 3 big meals though because neither of those 6 will satisfy me. The 3rd shouldn't be to late in the day, the 4th meal (late taco bell drive thru) is a good concept for those who are active.
there you go ASSuming again.

1) hot or cold cereal, fruit, milk or juice (7am)
2) yogurt (10 am)
3) sandwich, juice (noon)
4) applesauce, graham cracker, water or milk (3pm)
5) grilled chicken, veggies, either bread, rice, or pasta) (6pm)
6) milk and a cookie or frozen yogurt (7pm)

That is a pretty typical day for my kids. no beer. no cheetos. It doesn't need to satisfy YOU. It needs to satisfy my 6 and 8 year olds. If you need to eat more, then do. No one is stopping you.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,457 times
Quote:

1, cereal
2, coffee/donut
3, wrap sandwich
4, beer and cheetos
5, chicken and dumplings
6, fruit and yogurt

You do realize that 3 big meals is not recommended, right? You're all about health and preaching to us parents how we'd be better parents if we COOKED 3 meals a day, yet, it is recommended to have 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day; it helps increase metabolism and keeps you feeling full.

Yes...a late night Taco Bell drive through is an excellent choice for those who are active.

What a ninny.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:58 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

2) yogurt (10 am)

That is a pretty typical day for my kids. no beer. no cheetos. It doesn't need to satisfy YOU. It needs to satisfy my 6 and 8 year olds. If you need to eat more, then do. No one is stopping you.
Ha I read your list before reading that its for a 6 and 8 y/o and though godd. Sounds somewhat like a lot of yogurt and juice or acidic items, I see milk in there 3 times. I'd add more vegetables and solid food. I can't remember for sure at that age but that 12 hours window of no food would have me starving when I woke up.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:58 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

2) yogurt (10 am)

No!!! This is horrible. You are giving them nutritious food on a regular basis throughout the day. What are you thinking? Not only that, but they are tasty. You need to have heavy meals that make you want to take a nap right after eating. rkb, I am very disappointed in you.

ETA: That sounds like a typical day for me. I used to eat 3 big meals. When I switched over to this way of eating it took me a while to adjust, but once I did I realized that i had much more energy than when I had big meals weighing me down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting