Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

You are all lousy parents.

I made sure my children ALWAYS had a hot breakfast. Even if I had to drag myself out of bed with a 104 degree temperature. There is no excuse to not make your children a hot breakfast all you lazy mommies and daddies.

Nothing like a Pop Tart, hot out of the toaster, to send them off on their day with a little zip in their systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 12:00 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I taught my kids properly...mooch of others and lunch and learn to graze at home.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Cereal doesn't count as a meal. Neither does a value meal, unless it's just some days. Poor diets can be blamed for overweight kids. They're fed junk, therefore they're not very entergetic so they eat more and feel lazy. They perform poor in school. Or underweight kids.

Cook your kids 3 meals a day.
Actually, it would be better to provide nutritious, raw food rather than cooking. A highly nutritional green smoothie would definitely be the best choice.

Even a GOOD ganola type cereal (made with SPROUTED organic and non-gmo grains) and eaten with some type of nutmilk would be a good start to the day.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-25-2011, 12:17 PM

346 posts, read 507,356 times
Default Cooking alone does not imply healthy....

Quote:
Cereal doesn't count as a meal. Neither does a value meal, unless it's just some days. Poor diets can be blamed for overweight kids. They're fed junk, therefore they're not very entergetic so they eat more and feel lazy. They perform poor in school. Or underweight kids.

Cook your kids 3 meals a day.
While I will agree with the idea that cooking is generally healthier and more nutritious than fast food, it is still entirely possible to cook three meals a day and do more harm than good, depending upon what you cook, how much butter, grease, oil you use, how much lard, mayonnaise, sugar and syrup you serve etc.

AND it's all about balance and teaching your kids how to make smart food choices.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 PM

346 posts, read 507,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
I might add, too, that after they consumed their said kolaches and doughnut holes, they cleaned their rooms....BUT they are now hanging out with their Dad watching Lord of the Rings, so now they've had a bad breakfast, they're on the butts, and in front of the boob tube.

I can't do anything right.
Hey it is Saturday, right? Sounds like a perfect low-key kind of day to me. Sometimes we lead such a hectic life filled with activities and Go Go Go, that I know my kids need a day or two of slouching around.

I definitely need a day or two of slouching around, every couple of days would be nice too! Ha!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:01 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,917 times
Well shoot, this thread is making me hungry.
**off to make a nice hot meal of............ popcorn** (hey, doesn't that count as a veggie or fruit or something?)
Speaking of food groups, pizza has them all if one chooses the toppings wisely.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:10 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
I suppose leftover lasagna for breakfast before band camp is on the verboten list, then.
no, That sounds good to me. I rather have leftovers than just a bowl of cereal.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
How about you cook your kids 3 meals a day and MYOB about everyone else?
I don't have kids. But I use to be a kid and don't think people should have kids if they're not gonna keep them fed.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Better yet, teach them to cook!
Yes. So atleast have the food in the pantry. Healthy stuff not frozen add water junk. Let them make their own breakfast or dinner.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,687,668 times
Quote:
no, That sounds good to me. I rather have leftovers than just a bowl of cereal.
Honestly, not everyone is a morning eater. The best I could possibly do early in the AM is a bowl of cereal. One of my kids is like that.
When I was in Marine Corps boot camp the DI's tried to force me to eat breakfast. After I got sick during 3 days in a row of PT they stopped forcing me to eat. I generally eat 2 meals a day.
Occasionally I will have a bowl of Kashi or some other organic cereal or I will make an organic fruit smoothie
I really did make pancakes after my last post but they were whole wheat organic pancakes with organic butter and a small amount of syrup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting