Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:15 PM

466 posts, read 815,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post

good god, anyone over the age of 25 or 30 slept in a drop down, lead painted, wide gap between the bars rickety crib and we all managed to get through life just fine....
Well, we all didn't, which is why the law has changed. Just last week, Big Lots recalled some bunk beds that were sold over the last couple of years because a 3-year-old's head got stuck between the railing and the ladder somehow and he suffocated to death.

I do agree that user error probably contributes to a lot of this, but I also agree that some manufacturers of lower prices cribs and bunk beds probably don't make it as easy as it should be to put something together that will remain sturdy. A Bassett or Stanley dropside? Probably fine. The $89 special from the discounter? Maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
It's not going to change a thing, far as I'm concerned....lots of people can't afford a crib to begin with....My last two babies didn't sleep in a crib...just a small bed close to the ground...works better anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting