Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times

Advertisements

All I am going to say is I feel bad for her kids only, not her. I was lucky to have had a great mother that was always there for me. I cannot imagine how bad I would have grown up if that piece of trash was my mom. I would probably be in prison by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 12:15 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
Yeah I really feel sorry for her kids too. But not her. Some may disagree but she's an attention Wh*re IMO.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So I just re-read this article. Instead of the horrible judgments on this woman, why don't people step forward to help? What's done is done. The babies (children) are here. This woman is, quite obviously, in need of help and support.

I will never understand why some people revel in crapping all over others.
I think the doctor who performed these IVF procedures as well as her sperm donor should be chipping in to support these children.

She's not quite right obviously - but the doctor had every reason to know she wasn't.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:38 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
The sad thing is, the IVF doctor lost his license to create children. She still has the right to do so. Zimbochick I think is leaving out the consideration that it -is- costing other people time, trouble, money, frustration, by allowing women like Suleman the "right" to reproduce. Her rights end where mine begin. And I -should- have the right to not have to pay for her choice to have 18 kids. Unfortunately, our tax base says otherwise. She was accepting public assistance when she got pregnant the last time. She should not have been allowed those treatments at all, until she could afford to pay for the kids she already had without public assistance.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:39 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,477 times
I'd hate my kids too if there were 14 of them

Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
The sad thing is, the IVF doctor lost his license to create children. She still has the right to do so. Zimbochick I think is leaving out the consideration that it -is- costing other people time, trouble, money, frustration, by allowing women like Suleman the "right" to reproduce. Her rights end where mine begin. And I -should- have the right to not have to pay for her choice to have 18 kids. Unfortunately, our tax base says otherwise. She was accepting public assistance when she got pregnant the last time. She should not have been allowed those treatments at all, until she could afford to pay for the kids she already had without public assistance.
But where does it end? Do you take children away from mothers who are on welfare because you don't want to pay for them? Do you tell force women onto BC when they are accepting aid of any kind? What about men?

NS is certainly not your average woman on public assistance.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:18 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Public assistance is not just for people with children. I have no problem contributing tax dollars to public assistance, and I will not pass judgement on those utilizing public assistance.

My belief is that legislation has lagged way behind the science with regard to IVF. There should be a set limit regarding the number of implantable embryos, 2 or 3. If selective reduction goes against one's beliefs, then IVF is not for you.

It's is a real invasion of privacy to say women should not be able to receive fertility treatment while on public assistance. That is certainly not a judgement I would ever want to or feel justified or qualified to make.

NS is an ass and an attention *****. One assumes she is not a good mother. One assumes she is unstable. But it remains a slippery slope to be able to pass judgement on another's parenting abilities when all you have to base opinion on is tabloid articles.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:35 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
A lot of you have said what an awful person she is, and have no sympathy for her at all. It is true that she made her own bed, but she is obviously mentally ill. It is an illness. I can't help but feel a bit sorry for her, too, not just the kids.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:43 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
I don't feel sorry for her, SHE created this whole situation, no one else. Now, it is HER problem to solve the situation.

It is the innocent children that I feel sorry for, THEY did not ask to be born into a life like this.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:48 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I don't feel sorry for her, SHE created this whole situation, no one else. Now, it is HER problem to solve the situation.

It is the innocent children that I feel sorry for, THEY did not ask to be born into a life like this.
I agree. The kids are the ones to suffer here. I think she is an attention hog and she's not getting the attention she thought she'd get so she's going for negative attention. Attention is attention when you're an attention hog.

I hope CPS takes the children and places them with families that can raise them well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting